Crown Princess September To New England and Canada

C at Sea

Hi!

We are booked to go to New England and Canada in September. Suppose its early to be thinking about things but am getting very excited and full of questions!

We are well seasoned cruisers but it will be our first with any other cruise line than P&O. Would be very interested in knowing what differences we can expect. We are staying in New York for a couple of days before the cruise and were wondering if we can take the excursions that are scheduled for New York? We are trying to research the ports and were wondering which ones needed trips booking and which have things to do or see in walking vicinity of the ships dock. The ports are Bar Harbour etc and the cruise ends in Quebec. Just returned from Panama cruise on Oceana and made the mistake of not booking trips and found we needed to with the ports we visited!

We would be really grateful for any tips and help!

Hi!

We are booked to go to New England and Canada in September. Suppose its early to be thinking about things but am getting very excited and full of questions!

We are well seasoned cruisers but it will be our first with any other cruise line than P&O. Would be very interested in knowing what differences we can expect. We are staying in New York for a couple of days before the cruise and were wondering if we can take the excursions that are scheduled for New York? We are trying to research the ports and were wondering which ones needed trips booking and which have things to do or see in walking vicinity of the ships dock. The ports are Bar Harbour etc and the cruise ends in Quebec. Just returned from Panama cruise on Oceana and made the mistake of not booking trips and found we needed to with the ports we visited!

We would be really grateful for any tips and help!

When are you sailing? My sis and I are sailing on the Crown on Sept. 17th. Join the roll call so we can all chat early and exchange ideas and plans.

We were on Crown in October, Quebec to Fort Lauderdale.

I was very disappointed on our New York, New York tour. We spent most of the day on the coach, "on your right, on your left, etc."

Friends took a taxi taxi from the ship to the hop on hop off bus and got much more from the day.

As this was our first time in New York we were wary about doing it oursellves but I would next time.

If you go to Boston take a taxi to Quincey Market and walk the Freedom Trail yourselves. We had a great day there.

In Bar Harbour we took Oli`s Trolley to Acadia National Park.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all the advice! Hope we will be able to do the best things that we can to get the most out of our pre cruise stay in New York as its our first time there. Perhaps the hotel will be able to help.

Been on the roll call section but it seems dominated by a few people who know each other and are making plans to meet up! there are pages full of this and I cant even find my entry now!!

C,

Assuming you are staying in downtown Manhattan, the city is quite navigable on your own. To get your bearings you might want to start off with a Double Decker bus tour, then have a plan to see the sights-most of which can be done on foot or with a subway ride here and there. Not sure what your interest areas are (museums, shows, parks, shopping ?) but New York has it all. And like any other large city, be always aware of your surroundings and other folks!

If you're there for a few days, look into booking a ticket on broadway, "Wicked" was excellent and there are some other really good shows.

The eerie pubs, Jekyl and Hyde pub, is pretty cool in the village.

Try to go to South Street Seaport, it's a wonderful place to shop, dine, be by the ocean, just lovely. There is also a good maritime museum there.

If you have not been to Empire State, it really is a neat view.

I grew up in NY, have not lived there in a while, but went this past June for my cousins wedding and we spent about 3 days in the city. Had a blast.

Hope you have a great time...and happy cruising!

• 1 year later...

We sail on the September 24th trip from Quebec City to New York. We are looking for advice on what to do in some of the ports: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Bar Harbor. Any experience with the various cruise ship provided tours or independent site seeing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

check out tomsportguides.com he's listed alot of info for alot of different ports including maps, tours, pictures.

We are on Crown Princess in Oct from Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale this is our tour plan; not sure if you are going to the same ports.

Sydney - private tour w/Don Blackwood to part of cabot trail & Ingonish

Halifax - private tour to Peggy's Cove w/Jonathan @ yourcab.ca

Bar Harbor - Acadia National Forest w/acadiatours.com

Newport - public trolley to cliff walk & mansions

NY - maybe the HOHO bus to see ground zero

Boston - Old Time Trolley

Have a great cruise.

Archived