St Kitts wedding - HELP

HOFOhio

My fiance and I are ready to take a cruise (Celebrity Solstice) in early April that stops in St Kitts for part of a day and we're thinking of tying the knot then and there. I'm a bit confused by what the requirements for marriage are and I suspect that a wedding planner is in order. Some web sites suggest that a 2-day visit on St Kitts is needed to obtain the wedding licence, which would make this impractical. We'd really like a very simple, brief, non-religious ceremony (it'll be just the two of us) in a romantic setting. Is there anyone who has such an experience or knows of someone who has and can report on a credible, dependable, cost-effective wedding planner to handle our inquiry? The cruise line wedding options have too much ginger breading for our tastes; our phone calls and e-mails to Celebrity have not been responded to our satisfaction. Also, any suggestions as to a good romantic setting on St Kitts that we might consider? Has anyone done what we'd like to. HELP!

HOFOhio

Are you going to be on the April 4th cruise? If so go to the Celebrity Connections Board and chat with others also on the same cruise.

In some places ( including some states) you have to apply for a liscense and then wait one day until the wedding. That may be the issue with the 2 day thing.

Hope we are on the same cruise.

Darrell Duncan

Thanks all for taking the time to post - I've followed Three Ring's advice and hope for help. Darrell, yes the April 4th cruise if the one we're expecting to book on Monday and perhaps we'll meet then and there. ellbon, I've checked that web site but others give me information that is in conflict thus leading to my confusion.

Also keep in mind ships sometimes miss ports do to weather conditions or mechanical problems. Cruises make great honeymoons, but there are a lot of difficulties involved in planning a wedding at a port a cruise ship is scheduled to call on.

Also keep in mind ships sometimes miss ports do to weather conditions or mechanical problems. Cruises make great honeymoons, but there are a lot of difficulties involved in planning a wedding at a port a cruise ship is scheduled to call on.

Very true especially small islands!

I saw one site that said 2 days for hotel residents, but no waiting period for cruise passengers. :confused::confused:

Given that ships do sometimes miss ports, and you want just the two of you in a romantic ceremony...what about this idea? Get married by a justice of the peace at home before you go, and have just some sort of romantic ceremony on St. Kitts or whatever island you wind up on. That way you don't have to worry about anyone's permission and you can go with the flow if some snag arises. At the end of it all, you'll be married AND have had the romantic time of your dreams, without too much hassle.

We were married while on Summit and used the most fantastic wedding planner: aweddingforyou.com

No hassles, and everything was like a fariy tale. (My public profile has a pic of that day..)

I can not recommend them enough.

8 years later I still keep in touch with them and we had the wedding of a lifetime..

Ours was in Barbados... at the most beautiful beach I have ever seen...

The limo brought us to town hall to complete the paperwork we had sent a few months prior.... and the A/C was broken... so the mayor came and sat in our limo to make the paperwork official...so we wouldnt have to wilt in the heat of the building...(There was no 2 day requirement)

We then were wisked to the resort where we were married.. and everything went off without a hitch..well, maybe one hitch!!;)

AWFY used to be the official wedding planner for X so they are really in the know.. I was a little nervous becuase everything took less than an hour on our end... but it was perfection!

And the ships crew went out of their way to make our day special... including red and yellow rose petals lining to room of our suite..including the bed... pictures taken on the bridge (right ater 9/11 when it was off limits) ..I could go on and on.

For our 10 year I would like to rernew on the same beach.. with our kids there. :)

My fiance and I are ready to take a cruise (Celebrity Solstice) in early April that stops in St Kitts for part of a day and we're thinking of tying the knot then and there. I'm a bit confused by what the requirements for marriage are and I suspect that a wedding planner is in order. Some web sites suggest that a 2-day visit on St Kitts is needed to obtain the wedding licence, which would make this impractical. We'd really like a very simple, brief, non-religious ceremony (it'll be just the two of us) in a romantic setting. Is there anyone who has such an experience or knows of someone who has and can report on a credible, dependable, cost-effective wedding planner to handle our inquiry? The cruise line wedding options have too much ginger breading for our tastes; our phone calls and e-mails to Celebrity have not been responded to our satisfaction. Also, any suggestions as to a good romantic setting on St Kitts that we might consider? Has anyone done what we'd like to. HELP!

I also am getting conflicting info. My fiance and I are also planning to be married in St Kitts this Aug. I was told by a wedding planner you don't have to but all web sites say you do have to be there 2 days.

I emailed the Marriott on St Kitts. They do destination weddings. Here is the reply from them.

It is different for cruises. You do not need to be here ahead of time. You just need to send copies of the documents and the rest is taken care of when you dock. These packages are more costly though.

Guest Host Cheryl

We just returned from our cruise last week. We went to the Marriott hotel and it would be a fantastic setting for a wedding. Our taxi driver also gave us a brochure on weddings. He was super and works for Ottley's plantation Inn who specializes in weddings. You can reach them by calling 869-465-7234 or toll free: 800-772-3039, or visit the website www.ottleys.com Tell them you heard about them from a fellow cruiser who heard about them from St. Clair Gilbert who is with Chiefs taxi and tours.

Congrats on the wedding. You'll love St. Kitts it was our favorite port.

Archived