pros and cons of Legend

Kitt Grey

My wife thinks the Legend was the prettest ship we have sailed out of 32 cruises. That's pretty high marks from her. It's a good layout, great decor. We did the Miracle which is sister ship and it was not as nice. We seldom do a ship twice since there are so many to choose from we have not been on but we would consider the Legend again.

We haven't been on the Legend yet, but after reading many of the reviews on Cruise Critic we decided that we would do the Legend over the Inspiration since we live so close to the Tampa port.

Just booked our cruise on the Legend today in fact, for Jan 2.

Here's a few reviews I've bookmarked:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123803

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1092851

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116274

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1056421

And I'm pretty certain Host Mach has a review, but for some reason I don't have it bookmared.

The Spirit Class ships are the best that CCL built. I have been on all but the Pride. Decor is the only difference, but they are well designed and easy to navigate and seem to contain the happiest crews.

Was on both the Legend and the Miracle in December and had great experiences on both.

We also sailed on the Legend in December and had a terrific time with no complaints. The decor was beautiful but seemed a little dark for me. The slot machines didn't seem to pay off as well as on previous cruises. I had the cheesecake on day 1 which was "to die for" but never saw it again on the buffet....as well as the raspberry chocolate cake :( The ship never seemed crowded and the staff was very good. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again but if I do the cheesecake and raspberry cake days will be my total meals...lol.

A couple of friends and I at the Exotic Western run of the Legend. I have sailed on the Destiny, Liberty and Paradise and was wondering what folks think of the Legend.

Kitt, I feel as if I'm following you now - first I discover on our Destiny roll call that we were in St. Maarten at the same time last year, then we sail together to Nassau :) and finally I discover you saying that you want to book the Legend. I am seriously looking at that ship for my next cruise too!!

Very interested in the answers you get here. I love reading the reviews of this ship. She seems to be quite loved!

Miriam

Our favorite ship to date!

Same for us! I love the layout, staff, service, decor, itinerary, etc. One thing we kept saying to each other was... "where are all the people?" Seemed like everywhere we went, there were hardly any people, never felt crowded.

We (Family of 4 + MIL and FIL) cruised on Legend in April 2009. We had 2 CAT 11 cabins on Deck 8, one of which was an aft-wrap.

Loved the ship. IMHO she is the perfect size. Some have complained about the decor, I thought it was very nice.

About the only complaints I had were that the service in the MDR was slow. I don't know if this was a result of cutbacks in MDR staff, or just the fact that our table seemed to be the last one in our waiter's rotation. In any case it was not a big deal, just noticeable. My other thing is that, for me, 4 ports in 7 days is one too many. I enjoy the relaxation and serenity of the "at sea" days. If I had a vote, I'd have bypassed Grand Cayman for another day at sea.

I will say that so far, Legend is the only ship on my "I'd like to repeat" list. (Holiday was on that list, but she is gone now) :cool:

We've enjoyed all of our CCL cruises so far, but I liked Legend the best.

We love the Legend. She is indeed a beautiful, classy ship that is easy to navigate around. We have sailed her three times and are booked for Christmas again! Staff are always very pleasant and seem to enjoy where they are. The food, atmosphere, service are all wonderful! My favorite spot is the aft pool and bar (adults only!) There never seems to be a line at the buffet, either!

The con: hum... they make us get off after 7 days?

Just off the Legend=1/24/-1/31.

Very happy staff,easy to get around,no waiting for tables,extremely clean.:):D:p

Jen Baxter the CD was the best -she was always around and has great charisma and really cares about people.

Wait staff in main dining room(breakfast and supper) was fast .

Lots of activities(if you want them) or quiet places to go if you prefer.

Tampa is easiest port -arrived at 11 and on the ship at 11:30

Sailed on the Legend last July and really enjoyed it. Spirit class ships are the perfect size and I agree that you never feel crowded. The open aft adult pool deck is great. Not one kid in sight the whole week. The decor in my opinion is a bit over the top regarding the use of urns. They are everywhere and part of everything.

A couple of friends and I at the Exotic Western run of the Legend. I have sailed on the Destiny, Liberty and Paradise and was wondering what folks think of the Legend.

My favorite class of ship, with the Legend being the favorite.

Planning on booking a 3rd cruise for Novemeber! this by far is my favorite ship. I really enjoy the size of the spirit class, not too small and not too big. Staff has always been good, Jen is a wonderful CD and all activities typical of the carnival brand. The "urn" thing is a little over the top but, oh well, can't have it all. Tampa is an easy port. Always boarded quickly. Usually a smooth disembarkation as well. Happy cruising:D

Just got off the Legend yesterday. Great ports, great food, so much to do that while I highlighted on my Capers what I wanted to do, I only got to do about one third of it. What fun, and yes DH and I both agreed, it was a ship that we would sail again. Check out cabin 7258, the balcony was the length of 3 cabins.:D

Am I correct that there is no large screen on deck? I do like the movies under the stars.

You're correct. They didn't have a large screen on deck, but honestly you don't miss it with everything they have going on. It's an awesome ship. I'm getting ready to go for the second time next month.:D

Archived