Tips for Courtyard Butler?

erdoran

I'm not 100% clear how ordering meals from different restaurants & getting them delivered to the courtyard works. I know if I want it in my room my butler does that, and that there's a courtyard butler--so I assume that's who I'd order from if I wanted my meal delivered to the courtyard? When and how much do you tip for that--when the meal is delivered or at the end of the cruise? And is there just the one courtyard butler, so an end of cruise tip would get just him/her? thanks

Your butler and his assistant serve the courtyard, they have menus for all the restaurants and you just pick something and tell him when you want to eat and it's served in the courtyard dining area. You can also take the room phone with you when you're out of the courtyard area should you need to contact him. I loved the whole experience, we ate in the courtyard several times including breakfast. We tipped both butler and his assistant at the end of the cruise, they gave us excellent service.

How in the world can the butler serve the courtyard AND the suites, even with an assistant? We're going to be in a spa suite on the Epic, which is midship on Deck 14, quite a distance away from the Courtyard--I can't quite see one butler running between the Courtyard and midship suites--and the Penthouse suite (at least one of them) is at the very back of the ship! Maybe they'll have a couple of butlers.

So when we want something delivered to Courtyard, we can just phone our butler and he'll do it?

another question, and I think I already know the answer--DH and I have very different tastes in food--can I order from MDR the full thing--appetizer, meal, dessert, etc, etc--and DH order something like pizza and salad from whichever free restaurant serves that, and we get both delivered to wherever? And do they deliver everything at once? I would assume they do that, it would be awful for them to have to run back & forth to get the different courses.

Do you tip your butler whatever, and the assistant perhaps half of that, assuming you were very pleased with their service, or do you tip each equally if you were equally pleased? thanks

Archived