Do the rates ever get lower than early savings booking?

luv2gonow

Hi,

I booked Carnival Miracle outta NY....8 night to PR, St Thomas and Grand Turk. Booked the cheapest balcony room they had...Cat 8C.

I paid 1279 for 1st and second passenger...can't remember 3rd person rate. I constantly check Carnival for a cheaper rate. Am I wasting my time....LOL:o Or does it ever get cheaper than the early savings rate?????:D

thanks

K

Hi,

I booked Carnival Miracle outta NY....8 night to PR, St Thomas and Grand Turk. Booked the cheapest balcony room they had...Cat 8C.

I paid 1279 for 1st and second passenger...can't remember 3rd person rate. I constantly check Carnival for a cheaper rate. Am I wasting my time....LOL:o Or does it ever get cheaper than the early savings rate?????:D

thanks

K

Sometimes yes sometimes no.. just keep checking.. ;)

We booked last year for our Pride cruise this summer. About three months after I booked, I caught a $30pp price drop. I filled out the form and got the price lowered, no problem.

About two weeks after I saw the price drop, it went back up again to a price higher than my original booking.

As of last week, the cheapest stateroom is now $155 more than we paid (although it is one category higher than ours...our category is not showing any more).

You're not wasting your time! We booked about a year out for our last cruise. A few months later, the prices went down for inside rooms about $50 per room. Then later they were higher. And just before we sailed, they were more than $100 higher than we originally paid. The bottom line is that we think we got a great deal!

I booked ES last Sept. for our upcoming Miracle cruise to Bermuda. 4/15/10. The price dropped, I filled out the ES form on the Carnival website and also called my PVP because my case was unusual. This cruise is 50% off for my DH and myself ( discount because of Swine Flu and no ports in Mex. last year on the Splendor). Carnival adjusted my 8D cabin price and we now have $155. in OBC. I had my money show up in about 5 hours from my phone call. I got an email from Carnival, which included my bill. It shower the $155. credit. I still keep checking, but I don't think there will be another price drop. If there is Carnival will be paying me to cruise! :o

For our cruise last month--booked sorta late, and called my favorite Carnival guy-- and got an additional discount... it never hurts to work with one person--form a relationship with someone you feel really wants you to cruise

We booked last year for our Pride cruise this summer. About three months after I booked, I caught a $30pp price drop. I filled out the form and got the price lowered, no problem.

About two weeks after I saw the price drop, it went back up again to a price higher than my original booking.

As of last week, the cheapest stateroom is now $155 more than we paid (although it is one category higher than ours...our category is not showing any more).

Nice.....that is great. I will keep checking.

You're not wasting your time! We booked about a year out for our last cruise. A few months later, the prices went down for inside rooms about $50 per room. Then later they were higher. And just before we sailed, they were more than $100 higher than we originally paid. The bottom line is that we think we got a great deal!

I have Carnival on my desktop to keep checking:)

I booked ES last Sept. for our upcoming Miracle cruise to Bermuda. 4/15/10. The price dropped, I filled out the ES form on the Carnival website and also called my PVP because my case was unusual. This cruise is 50% off for my DH and myself ( discount because of Swine Flu and no ports in Mex. last year on the Splendor). Carnival adjusted my 8D cabin price and we now have $155. in OBC. I had my money show up in about 5 hours from my phone call. I got an email from Carnival, which included my bill. It shower the $155. credit. I still keep checking, but I don't think there will be another price drop. If there is Carnival will be paying me to cruise! :o

I didn't know how that worked....so you just fill the form out online...NICE.

Ok.....hey ya never know.....I would love an onboard credit:D:D

Thanks everyone

K

uote=luv2gonow;23039374]Hi,

thanks

K

I booked about a month ago for September - have already had 2 price drops - Started at 519 (without tax) dropped 20 per person, then a couple of weeks later dropped to 469!!!!!!!!!! What a bargain:) I really like Carnival and I have never cruised on them before!

I booked three cabins (two inside, one OV) for our upcoming Feb. 27 Liberty cruise. I can't remember exactly when I booked, but it was sometime in the spring via Early Saver.

I've watched it like a hawk. So far I have saved a total of $694. I noticed on Friday that one of the cabins is now down by $30 pp. on the senior rate. I sent this info to my TA over the weekend and so I should be saving a total of $754 soon.

Hi,

thanks

K

Make sure you're aware:

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months for shorter cruises and in 5 months for longer cruises) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the your state Resident Rate, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Residency and Military. Rate drops in these Promos below your Early Saver rate are not uncommon.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Residency Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com after you’re booked. In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out.

ken

I booked mine 15 months out and just this weekend the price went up by $30/person. But I'm hoping for a drop or two within the next 12 months.

I think you need to look at it this way: You obviously booked at a fantastic great cheap low price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeh - well done!!! Everybody else will be paying more than you because of your good planning:D:D

Make sure you're aware:

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months for shorter cruises and in 5 months for longer cruises) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the your state Resident Rate, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Residency and Military. Rate drops in these Promos below your Early Saver rate are not uncommon.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Residency Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com after you’re booked. In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out.

ken

I understood by the Conditions that if you book early saver you just keep a watch right up until sailing and if there is any undercuts to the rate you paid you can apply. Initially for a price reduction on the cruise (as I have already got twice) and then after final payment until about 3 days before sailing you get OBC.

We booked our April cruise last May. The ES price dropped $92 per person, once, and that amount was taken off our bill.

Keep in mind the price drop has to be for the same category cabin you booked with the ES. We booked what is now an 8N, and there are only six of them,(Long since booked up, of course!), so the only chance we have for any more discounts is if someone cancels.

Keep on checking those rates! You never know!:rolleyes:

Make sure you're aware:

ken

OK....I looked and the price i paid is available now as past saver instead of early saver. Can I switch to the other...for the better cancellation policy....or is it too late now for that and i can only get price reductions.

BTW i think the difference for me with the early saver rate is if i cancel there is a 50pp fee....where past guest does not...i think:D

thanks

K

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that some of the posters were saying that the ES lower rate would be taken off of their bill. When I filled out the form to get a reduced rate I could only check onboard credit or upgrade. I am just wondering which I will get, and also if I have a credit left over on my onboard credit will that be redunded back to me or do I lose it? :confused:

I saw that some of the posters were saying that the ES lower rate would be taken off of their bill. When I filled out the form to get a reduced rate I could only check onboard credit or upgrade. I am just wondering which I will get, and also if I have a credit left over on my onboard credit will that be redunded back to me or do I lose it? :confused:

If you have already paid for your trip in full then you can only get the on board credit or upgrade and yes you will get a check at the purser's desk as you debark if there is a credit on your sign and sail! Atleast this is what I have understood from reading everyone's post as I prepare for my first cruise :D! HTH

Technically, by the ES Terms & conditions, you get non-refundable OBC for Price Drops. In practice, in most cases they reduce your Balance due before final Payment and give you OBC after final Payment. ken

Archived