4 star Mariner & Explorations Cafe Purchases

SilvertoGold

On page 12 of the new Mariner magazine I noticed the 50% discount on Exploration's Cafe food and beverage purchases.

Have I missed something here? What "food" is referenced? I know about the nibbles free with purchase of a beverage, but is this something new?

Are they charging for the previously free nibbles or are there some food items I don't even know about? (you mean I missed some food?!)

Thanks if anyone could enlighten me.

SilvertoGold

On our Westerdam cruise last spring there a couple of ladies who loved the Cinnamon Buns that were not available in the Neptune Lounge.

They went to the Explorer's Lounge and asked for a couple -- they were informed that the buns were free if they each ordered a coffee -- BUT -- they would be charged $1.75 per bun if they did not order a coffee.

On page 12 of the new Mariner magazine I noticed the 50% discount on Exploration's Cafe food and beverage purchases.

Have I missed something here? What "food" is referenced? I know about the nibbles free with purchase of a beverage, but is this something new?

Are they charging for the previously free nibbles or are there some food items I don't even know about? (you mean I missed some food?!)

Thanks if anyone could enlighten me.

SilvertoGold

The food is charged for if you don't order coffee, so I'd guess that if you don't order coffee you'd only have to pay 50% of the food price.

When things are discounted for Mariners, do we have to ask for the discount or is it given automatically when they swipe our card?

It's supposed to be given automatically when they swipe the card. Doesn't hurt to double check, though!;)

I am just concerned I will forget what is discounted. Or DH, who doesn't come on CC much, will not know something is discounted.

We checked on that on our last cruise, It's all in the ships computers.

When we sent out laundry someone marked across the top of the laundry list "COMP".

I love that free laundry!

Virgil

When things are discounted for Mariners, do we have to ask for the discount or is it given automatically when they swipe our card?

It is given automatically. I didn't remember about the discount and was surprised when I got it.

I am a cinnamon bun lover and usually had one every second morning. I always arrived early because the supply was very limited and you had to beat the ladies who worked in the spa on their way to work! I have NEVER BEEN CHARGED for this and I don't buy coffee.:D:D:D

Until I read the last post from realnurse2, I though KK had hit the nail on the head, and no doubt she had.

So, some pax, on some ships get the nibbles free without buying anything to drink? Hmm. That is a nice treat.

Thanks to all those who responded.

SilvertoGold

Archived