Dolphin Swim & Stingray City

jthespartan

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are going on a cruise in May (Carnival Glory). We're thinking about doing the Dolphin Swim & Stingray City, but we were thinking about booking through a third party source. Can anybody recommend anything? Or should we just book through Carnival.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

I need the same question answered. My DH and I are going on a cruise in May on the Celebrity Solstice. This excursion is not offered through the cruise. I want to do the stingrays and my husband the dolphins. Please let me know if this can be booked and where.

We are on the Crown Princess in March and have reserved the dolphin swim (NOT encounter) and stingray city tour through Princess since their price was only $10 more then what the Dolphin habitat was charging, plus transportation and the stingrays are included. We're paying $129/person for the tour.

We've booked our own private tours for all the other islands we're visiting.

Here's a link to Shore Trips that sets up dolphin swims:

http://shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?tcode=038217

check out dolphin discovery's tour info (they include admission to the turtle farm). Just do a search for the info.

Good luck. Happy cruising!

Nancy

We are also on the Crown but in April and have also booked the Dolphin Swim and Stingray City. We were wondering while in the water at Dolphin Cove does anyone know if there is a place where you can safely leave your camera and small backpack?

We've been to Cayman many times including Stingray City but we never went swimming with the Dolphins so we are looking forward to our upcoming visit.

By the way, you are going to love the Crown. We just came back from 15 days on her.:)

So does anyone know if the dolphin and stingrays can be booked together through a third party? I have only heard of ppl booking through the cruise lines, and like I said Celebrity is not offering this as a combo excursion. Thanks!

from what i've researched, there's only one place for the dolphin swim. they only offer the turtle farm and the beach is fairly close. you'll have to provide your own transportation.

Actually there's two dolphin places...Dolphin Cove and Dolphin Discovery. Dolphin Discovery is the one across the street from Boatswains Beach (turtle farm). Dolphin Cove is in the same general direction, but on the North Sound (same body of water as Stingray City) side rather than along the Seven Mile Beach side of the island.

http://www.dolphincove.ky/

Dolphin Discovery also has a website, but CC is blocking it for some reason...just google "Dolphin Discovery Cayman" and you'll get the site...

Archived