Voyager WC Food

WC11

On this aspect I have not had a bad meal. The La Veranda Restaurant for breakfast and lunch it the place to be if your a seafood lover. I can have all the crab claws, smoked salmon, mussels for lunch. Sunday they have pretty decent caviar, all you can eat for breakfast. It ain't Russian but its good. Check the menus in each restaurants before dinner. So I don't agree with those that the food is bad. You just have to plan and I ride the elevators to check out the menus before I decide where to go. If that won't work it's smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail for dinner for room service.

You just have to plan and I ride the elevators to check out the menus before I decide where to go.

Just curious:

Are the menus not available on the TV?

Like you, on a recent cruise I made the rounds to check out menus. I had hoped that there was some problem on that Navigator cruise and that menus on other cruises would be available on the TV.

I understand why RSSC no longer distributes printed menus. It's a waste of paper and not at all green! However, it does not seem like rocket-science to publish the menus on the TV.

I,too, would like this to be clarified. During the New Year's cruise on Voyager the menus were not playing [channel 4]. I telephoned Reception who said that the channel was down and they were working on it. Ha!..simultaneously on the other ships also??? I always enjoyed this feature on Regent and can't imagine why they wouldn't continue to offer it. It's far better than riding the elevator from posted menu to menu!

Since we're wishing..I 'll add on a wish for an additional movie channel or a history/animal kingdom type channel.

I have seen printed menus on cabin doors so they do indeed distribute them if requested.

There was a problem with the on line menus - something to do with software - but there was a notice in the passages for today saying they are available on TV - in the interactive section under dining options. I have not looked but that's what the notice said.

There is a proviso saying it is a preview only and there may be changes.

I go down and check out the menus before the dress code witching hour. All you got do is go down the to 4 on the aft elevators. If you don't like what you see it's Jumbo Shrimp and Smoked Salmon and it's all you can eat while enjoying a movie.

Sorry I sort of repeated myself but this is really the best room service. It's a heck of a lot better that the club sandwiches that you always get on other lines

On this aspect I have not had a bad meal. The La Veranda Restaurant for breakfast and lunch it the place to be if your a seafood lover. I can have all the crab claws, smoked salmon, mussels for lunch. Sunday they have pretty decent caviar, all you can eat for breakfast. It ain't Russian but its good. Check the menus in each restaurants before dinner. So I don't agree with those that the food is bad. You just have to plan and I ride the elevators to check out the menus before I decide where to go. If that won't work it's smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail for dinner for room service.

You mentioned crab claws in La Veranda for lunch. Are they offered every day? We only saw them a couple of times on our 13 day cruise.

At end of first segment they gave us all a critique sheet. As a WC passenger I did not know whether I was suppose to fill it out or not but did. I guess they really do read them as one of my requests was for menus on tv. POOF! It came to be. I agree with PaulaJK, I would like to see AMC channel or something other than reruns of the guest lecturers. Guess I will have to ask again as I also put that on my critique. In 119 days you can only play their games and activities so much before you just want to relax in your beautiful suite. Happy Valentines Day out there in CruiseCritic land.

The critique sheets are read . . . we get little or no feed back though. Fill them out every time they appear!

The menus were off the TVs due to a software glitch. Having them on the interactive system is new but who cares where they are just so they're avaialble!

Lecturers: not all of us get to the theater for the "live" lectures so having the repletes on TV is 2nd best.

Archived