Prices dropping (at least for us!)

ericrz

Not sure how many cruises this applies to. But if you're booked for a cruise in the next couple months, check your rates!!

Our group of 10 booked back in August on an Early Saver rate, sailing on the Carnival Legend 3/14/2010.

Since then, I've been watching (some would say obsessively watching) the rates. (For those who don't know, on ES rates, if you find a lower fare, Carnival will lower your balance due if before final payment, or otherwise give you an onboard credit for the difference.)

For a while, fares were sky-high and I wondered why I was bothering. Over the past couple of weeks, however, rates have drifted downwards. Over the weekend, the resident rate for our state (Alabama) exactly matched what we had paid.

Today, the rate was $40 lower! I immediately called our travel agent and had her file the paperwork. She also requested the OBC for my in-laws (also Alabama residents) and my parents (Florida residents, but the senior rate had dropped as well.)

The past guest rate has not yet dropped below what we paid, so my brother and his girlfriend are out of luck at the moment, as they don't qualify for any other special rates.

But, if you're booked in March -- especially on an ES rate -- might want to pull up carnival.com and see how the current rates compare!!!

We have two cruises booked at the moment.

Up until about two months ago pricing was going down and got some good reductions. For past few months pricing has been going up.

Just the opposite for us. Maybe something unique to the LEGEND or to Tampa.

Archived