Pre-Cruise Beauty Routine

DoggieDash84

I get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed right before. I also make sure my toenails are painted. I try to use self tanner and teeth whitener before we go, but don't always.

I know that I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures and want them to turn out well. I don't want to get back, look at my pictures and think about how much I hate my hair!

I am in the deep end of low maintenance compared to most everyone

else on here.

Someone mentioned as they get older the list would be getting longer?

My list stays the same, hopefully I will get older though (better than

the alternative;))

I get my hair cut within 2 weeks before sailing. I don't do manicures

or pedicures and I don't get colored, bleached, waxed or tanned.

I sometimes buy new clothes but I don't even do that all the time

anymore.

Different strokes for different folks.:)

ok gals, tell me what the difference between acrylic nails or silk wraps. I have a pedi, mani scheduled before cruise and am trying to grow my own out enough to not need either but with my job I'm not all that optimistic that I will accomplish it.

I live in snow country and silk wraps,fiberglass, etc does not work in our cold weather. I have used acrylic for years with no problem. One suggestion if you are having a french look done is to have them use white tip powder instead of polish or airbrush. It will not chip at all because it is color all the way through and will stay nice no matter how long your cruise. They will also do a pedi with the french look if you want but with polish.

Guess it's no secret what I do before a cruise:). Of course I get my nails done year round so I tell my husband that doesn't count.

The biggest difference in my pre-cruise routine is to have highlites put in a week or so before so there is no chance of my roots starting to show before I get home and it's enhanced as I get more sun.

I never get my hair highlighted before a trip because sun and chlorine ruins it- I always get it done right after we get home. I regularly get my nails and pedicures but I do time them so I get them right before we leave. I may get a few new clothes but that's it!

Next weekend is only my second cruise but so far I've gotten a new dress (okay 2 new dresses..) new shoes, started tanning (had a certificate for 6 free sessions woohoo!), scheduled a hair appointment (roots, trim and getting "permanent" extensions put in, don't feel like dealing with the clip ins and love my long hair!), bikini wax, mani/pedi and tons and tons and tons of extra moisturizing!! I have horrible winter skin that I tolerate on a regular basis but not if I'm wearing shorts and dresses! No more ashy legs! WHEW!! ...too much?!

Next weekend is only my second cruise but so far I've gotten a new dress (okay 2 new dresses..) new shoes, started tanning (had a certificate for 6 free sessions woohoo!), scheduled a hair appointment (roots, trim and getting "permanent" extensions put in, don't feel like dealing with the clip ins and love my long hair!), bikini wax, mani/pedi and tons and tons and tons of extra moisturizing!! I have horrible winter skin that I tolerate on a regular basis but not if I'm wearing shorts and dresses! No more ashy legs! WHEW!! ...too much?!

Too much? Heck no! 1)All the services you just mentioned are very expensive on the ship so if you feel you want them after you sail it'll cost several times more so do it now! 2) Everytime I go I have winter white legs and skin so a couple of tanning sessions makes me feel a little more colorful. We have a local tanning salon that offers 10 sessions for $50 so DH and I split them. Also keeps us, especially DH, from getting sunburned and being miserable 3)hair? mani/pedi? A MUST LOL 4) Buying a few new outfits just helps build the excitement imagining where you'll be wearing them.

Have fun and go for it. I'm sure you deserve it all! ;-D

Wow, I love this thread. I can't wait to tell my husband I am just like everyone else. He loves to tease me. I love the build up to a cruise. We live in Florida and have warm weather clothes but it is always fun to shop for the cruise and buy new things. We leave on April 10th and I have been debating on whether or not I will visit the tanning salon. I usually do before every vacation but am having second thoughts with all the negative information out there. There are so many good picture opportunities I will probably end up going a few times so I don't look so pale.

Got a new swimsuit last Tuesday. That's one thing off my list.

That's my least favorite item, especially when I have to buy it with my winter white limbs as accessories! DH and I are going to do 5 tanning sessions each despite the warnings we've been hearing. DH burns easy and is not the most consistent about using sunscreen so hopefully this will condition the skin a bit and our local spot has 10 sessions for $50 so it's a good deal.

We leave on the 10th of April so will wait until closer to the end of March. Getting so excited!!!!

I am in the deep end of low maintenance compared to most everyone else on here.Someone mentioned as they get older the list would be getting longer? My list stays the same, hopefully I will get older though (better thanthe alternative;))

I have not gotten my hair cut in a couple of years, since my natural skin color is mocha, I don't have to tan, don't wax, I will shave the bikini area (whew!) have natural nails and will never let anyone touch my feet, so no mani/pedi for me, never have colored my hair so I am REALLY deep on the low end of maintenance.

I pack, that is my pre-cruise ritual. We leave on our cruise on my 40th birthday (April 25th) and I will probably start my packing routine (packing, unpacking, repacking) about the 15th, LOL :D Have fun ladies and I am sure each of you look just as beautiful before your cruise as during!

23461_347710074895_585614895_5022749_5805093_n.jpg.4419f0814cd3f7d7f1d3c1a255c8ea0c.jpg

I will get my hair done, get my nails filled, get a pedi and possibly get my eyebrows waxed. Other grooming will be taken care of as well.

Of course shopping will be on the list. Bathing suit will be purchased last. I'm on WW, so hopefully I will look decent in my new suit.

This thread is great and so funny. We leave in less than 2 weeks, and I have been slowly going through my list - just got new highlights/haircut today, pedicure last Saturday, new bathing suit tomorrow, new clothes this week, etc. So glad to see others have have a similar list!

I always do my regular beauty routine the day before vacation which includes mani, pedi, FULL body wax, and hair straigthened.

These are upkeeps I normally do throughout the year, but when vaca time comes close I try to stretch it as close to departure date as possible so I look well groomed.

I've enjoyed reading all the beauty regimens pre-cruise! I can't say I have very many but always make sure I've "rejuvenated" (wink) my hair. While reading I am reminded of seeing so many men onboard who needed haircuts!! My husband always makes sure he's had a haircut before any vacation let alone a cruise.

Don't men need a pre-cruise routine?

Well, so far I've had a haircut, touched up my grey roots, started on some moisterizer with self tanner added, started shaving, tried on my summer clothes to see what fits, bought a dress that's NOT black..... Three weeks to go.

Sail a week today.

The only thing left on my list is pedi tomorrow on my lunch.

My co-workers get a kick out of this as I will be wearing my sandels for the afternoon at the office. We still have a ton of snow.

bakini wax and hair cut done yest.

one last tan and I am good to go.

All packed with the exception of the last min things to toss in.

I have my hair cut and or highlighted so it's easier to manage on the cruise. Usually do a bikini wax because spend most of our time at the pool/t-pool/beach. When I get on the ship I like to watch for the spa specials; have a facial, massage, exfoliation, etc., maybe mani/pedi right on the ship. It's all part of my relaxing vacation. I cruise to relax and pamper myself!

We are leaving to go on a cruise in a month. I already have an apointment to get a haircut. =) But I need one anyway. I am thinking of getting my eyebrows waxed. They sure need something. I may have to get them dyed as they are so light they can barely be seen. I may not be able to get the eyebrows done at the shop, but maybe I can get my daughter to pluck them for me. (She's good at it!) I will give my self a pedi and mani. Which I need anyway. I will also take some polish and remover for touch ups.

Cruise On!

LNDMJ

Popping back into this post to show the results of my cruise prep! A little more tan, a lot more hair!!

25844_10100244903917474_9326052_67113904_8256622_n.jpg

wow! your hair is so cute! i've thought about getting extensions..do they stay in for long? how long?you look like brittany spears(in a GOOD way lol!)

Archived