Lunch at Ottley's Inn or Rawlins Plantation Inn

nanlyn

We will be in St. Kitts in Feb. 2011. We are planning to do a tour with Royston-highlights of the island. I remember reading about both of these inns and are thinking of having lunch at one of these during our tour. I would appreciate input from anyone who has eaten at either of these places. Are they expensive? Worth the money? Any other recommendations? Would it be too time consuming? We are there from 11 to 7.

• 5 months later...

I have eaten at both. They are beautiful places. In my experience, the food at Ottley's was outstanding. It has been several years and I still think about it. I'm going back in December and can't wait to eat there again. I can't really remember the food at Rawlins, only that it wasn't my favorite, but of course that is very subjective.

• 2 weeks later...

I've eaten at quite a few places on St Kitts and I loved Rawlins Plantation. The history of the location is fascinating and the staff are very willing to provide an impromptu tour of the Plantation. I think it's the only plantation that can show the sugar cane production progression over the years.

Great food and history...not for everyone I guess but I really enjoyed it.

Archived