Forward cabins

lawyerrose

I have been on many Carnival cruises and have stayed on several different floors. The first time I booked in the forward cabins on the Lido Deck, I was hooked. I love being where the pools and food are located. I have never noticed the motion being any worse on Lido than on the Empress Deck. I really enjoy the inside cabins with an obstructed view at the very front of the ship. They are a little bit bigger than the regular inside cabins.

We are booked in 7207 on the Dream 2/11/12. First time in forward cabin with window...little nervous about motion but the price was right and like the idea of the "secret deck". Glad to hear the positive comments.

Am I the only one who loves bow cabins? I almost never hear forward cabins talked about as desirable, but I love the sound the ship makes cutting through the water when I'm in those forward balcony cabins, and I love the motion!!:)

You go out on the balcony and feel the wind in your face and all the rest of the ship is behind you! I even like the fact that it forces me to do a little more walking; Lord knows I need it by the end of a cruise! :rolleyes:

Does everybody else feel like getting stuck with a bow cabin is the booby prize, or do some others out there enjoy them like I do??

You are not the only one, I have had interior rooms on the upper decks, as well as a port hole room on Carnival, and a forward cabin on another line. I have booked a porthole room again for my next cruise. I also like the sound of the waves on the bow, and I like the motion ( on normal, or slightly high seas, dont think I would like it in rough seas, but I take my chances:D). I also like these far forward cabins, because there is not a lot of traffic in the hallways, ie; less running up and down the corridors. Only people going up there are others with rooms in the same area. :)

We were on the Inspiration in a guarantee room. We got a porthole in the front where the ship curves. We loved the room until we went back to the room to sleep and we thought we were over the galley and they were having a plate throwing contest. We found out it was the waves hitting the ship. It was really loud and we could not sleep. They had one available inside cabin we moved into.

So if you can handle loud waves crashing the side of the ship you will love it. I am sure not all rooms have that. Probably just in our particular location. We always choose our exact room and LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

What ever makes you happy....leaving on our 14 cruise in 6 days!!!!!:D

We are booked in 7207 on the Dream 2/11/12. First time in forward cabin with window...little nervous about motion but the price was right and like the idea of the "secret deck". Glad to hear the positive comments.

Hi,

We will be on the Dream 09/01/2012 in cabin 7203, I would love to hear your thoughts when you get back. This will be our first time on the bow. Last time we were the aft and previous cruises mid-ship.

Enjoy your trip.

Barb

Cute! I guess you could call that a nautical slip.;)

Yes, if you truly are a bow cruiser, you wouldn't want to make an aft of yourself:eek: (Sorry, it's been a looong day at the office!)

I also love the cabins in the bow-in Nov. I had a PT cabin on the Riviera deck; this Dec. I booked one of the 1A's with the Port Holes-it is great for the solo traveler, as a previous poster mentioned.:cool:

I will be in cabin 8101 on the legend. I booked that for two reasons, one is I love the rocking motion, nice to sleep to. The other is because of all the smoking on the balcony talk lately on these boards. I didnt want to be stuck between two balconys with chain smokers on either side. This way no one is in the front of us and the person behind us can smoke all they want, the smoke will never drift near us if we are moving forward. I just hope our view isnt too obstructed from the bridge, I couldnt really tell if it would be or not. Might be fun to watch them in there though!

So motion doesn't really bother us and it would have been way too cool to have been on the Pride's encounter with "Mutha Nature" last year. A co-worker was on her first cruise and thought it was exciting. :D Some of our best cruises were upfront. On the Valor with BIL and SIL we had 6207/6209. It was their first cruise and as we are approaching Roatan we were having breakfast on the balcony and enjoying watching the flying fish. SIL then asked DW now where where the dolphins? Right on cue there was a pod of about 25 of them on our side. That was a spectacular show. :) On the Freedom we were in 6204 (4J) and it was great to be able to watch pulling into each port. On the Magic we were in 2256, a cove balcony just behind where the bow ended. Being so close to the water you got a real feel for the sea, literally, when the spray came up. On the Victory we had 6440, an aft balcony just because we wanted to try one. This was the reposition to San Juan and we got to know nearly all of our neighbors from the Roll Call. Being deeper was sort of nice but sailing away from a port just doesn't compare to arriving. Did it once but probably don't have to do it again. On the Pride we had on e of the 'bowling alley' Obstructed balconies. It's about 2 1/2 times the length of a standard. Liked it a lot for the extra leg room. Picked it again for the next cruise.One of the really cool things is watching the cars coming toward you when crossing over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel. Where'd they go? :eek: All of our next cruises will hopefully be 'up front'.

and on the riviera deck, so I was pretty low as well, so maybe that's why I didn't like it.

This room was a porthole room, which was nice..but it was right where the ship curves as well. I heard EVERY wave crashing into the boat!! And it was LOUD. I bring a noise conditioner (aka white sound) with me and I could hear the waves even when I had that on full blast.

Forward is not for me...at least not forward and low. I am very sensitive to motion also, and would opt for staying with low and midship from now on. I guess it's just a matter of preference if you like the wave noises or not. This probably puts some to sleep....but not me. :)

what does "aft " stand for ?

I remember "aft" by thinking of "after" and "fore" by thinking of "forward".

I remember that "port" has the same number of letters as "left", so port is left as you face forward on the ship.

Hope this helps!

... I just hope our view isnt too obstructed from the bridge, I couldnt really tell if it would be or not. Might be fun to watch them in there though!

The bridge staff probably has more fun watching the balconies from the extended "wings" of the bridge.

"Oh don't worry, honey, no one will see us..." :eek:

My two favorite room locations are deck 9/10 forward in the interior room with obstructed view (4J category) and deck 7/8 aft balcony. The decks listed correspond with the Conquest class of ships.

Most of the ship is well-lit which makes stargazing difficult. The lower front decks (below the bridge) are pitch black at night which provides a perfect view of the stars. This is so the bridge staff can see the ocean and stars more clearly.

1) Are the front decks above the bridge just as dark as the ones below the bridge?

2) Is the view from the front cabins better just above or just below the bridge?

Thanks!

May I please remind people that many of these forward 4J cabins are Handicapped accessible and should only be booked by people in need of the special adaptations that these cabins have.

If you have a Handicapped 4J booked please move to a regular 4J so a person in a wheelchair will be able to cruise. Regardless of what Carnival says they do NOT move able bodied out of HC cabins. Thank you!

We just got off the Liberty on the 6th, we had room 7204, loved it, another couple was cruising with us, their 1`st cruise and they also were up front 7203, they also loved it. We've only had inside rooms, so when our pvp suggested an inside with a view, he had some explaining to do. It was nice to be able to have that window and the secret balcony.

Hello can you tell me we are on the dream room10206 this is a corner one on the very front do u have to go out side to walk the ship or can I walk the hall and also do u have very much room if the bed is put into king

Just moved to Lido deck same type of room #10206. #7207 is HC and the beds do not convert (seems to be the only ones that don't on that ship) Will post pics and info after we cruise.

Please post pictures of the room I'm in10206 june30 they told us they did convert to king and let me knownhow the motion is thanks .

I remember "aft" by thinking of "after" and "fore" by thinking of "forward".

I remember that "port" has the same number of letters as "left", so port is left as you face forward on the ship.

Hope this helps!

Then what do you do if the ship docks so that the port is on the right side of the ship?

Archived