Booking air travel

refman

I find the comment about cruiseline airfare being cheaper on any occasion to be astounding. Is this for flights to embarkation ports outside the U.S.? I just booked our flights for our 15th cruise, in May, and in ALL occasions, the cost has been less than 50% of what I could get through the cruiseline. I've cruised on HAL, Princess, X, RCL, and NCL and had the same results. There are reasons to book air through the cruiseline, but I've never found pricing to be one of them.

We have found HAL air less expensive for 3 of 14 past or planned cruises. Strangely our home airport is apparently the same as yours.

JDinWA: For Jan. 2008 I booked airfare from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale for $113.00 Canadian per person. Even the ticket agent that I spoke with was surprised at this low price. I have never seen this fare again, so if you have found a fare for under $200.00 that may be the best price that you will see.

I am already watching cruise prices on a few Cape Horn itineraries in 2011. I will start tracking independent air when prices become available.
Good to see you on the HAL forums. Would you please e-mail me about this? I guess I should have given you my address when we met. I've set up a temporary anonymous email addresses: comtes80057remove [at] mypacksremove [dot] net

Even though this is a temporary address, I'd still rather not get spam. I'm sure you'll now what to do with the text in red.

Those of you who haven't looked at Southwest lately should take another look. I used to avoid them at all cost and take advantage of a customer loyalty program where I got various perks. I tried them again a year ago and was pleasantly surprised. Southwest has reorganized their cattle call in a way that makes a lot of sense and is no longer irritating. They have better legroom than many of their competitors and the free luggage makes a real difference to the total price. They also have a customer loyalty program now.

We are booked on the 1/6/11 cruise out of BA to Antarctica and Chile. It is a little too early to book in any event, but I am concerned that if certain IAATO resolutions get passed, HAL might cancel the cruise. Would you still book the flights and just get insurance, or wait until it is certain that the cruise will go?

How long prior to a cruise do those that fly book air travel. It appears as though the prices for air travel have hit an all time high. We leave the end of march so i`ve been watching various carriers and they all appear to be extremely expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciative as they have always been helpful in the past.again ,thanks in advance for your help.

You waited way too long to book. As stated, you are in the middle of spring break travel and the lower fare buckets probably sold out long ago. I see flights for around your time period from PHL-PBI for $392 on UA. Doubt this is going to go any lower. Cheapest fares for these dates on WN (Southwest) are $498.10, no bargain.

I book when I find an airfare I think is good.

For Jan. 2008 I booked airfare from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale for $113.00 Canadian per person. Even the ticket agent that I spoke with was surprised at this low price. I have never seen this fare again' date=' so if you have found a fare for under $200.00 that may be the best price that you will see.[/quote']

Thanks, luvcruisn, that's what I was thinking so I'm going to book it before it goes up again. :)

Archived