Mexican Immigration Changes

captainron

Hi Folks,

Just picked this up off a travel website and thought I'd post FYI.

IMPORTANT TRAVEL UPDATE

Please be advised that as of March 1, 2010, Canadian citizens, including those with dual nationality, will be required to present a valid passport in order to enter Mexico.

Canadians without a valid passport will be returned to Canada.

Ciao for now!!!

Hi Folks,

Just picked this up off a travel website and thought I'd post FYI.

IMPORTANT TRAVEL UPDATE

Please be advised that as of March 1, 2010, Canadian citizens, including those with dual nationality, will be required to present a valid passport in order to enter Mexico.

Canadians without a valid passport will be returned to Canada.

Ciao for now!!!

.........I guess all those Canadians without passports will have to sneak across the US desert and through the fence like the Mexicans do.......:D

Canada and Mexico do not have a very good relationship.

Canada blames Mexico each time one of it's citizens visits Mexico and has a problem like being shot or thrown off a balcony.

Drug dealers in Mexico shoot you and throw you off of a balcony. So perhaps Canada should quit protecting it's drug dealers.

Good for Mexico.

According to an article I read earlier this week, online, in the Dallas Morning News, United States Citizens will be required, also, effective March 1, 2010, to present a valid passport when entering Mexico. I've checked some Mexican Consular office websites (for the USA), the U.S. Embassy website (for Mexico City) and I haven't seen mention of this, but I may have overlooked it. So, if you don't have a passport (from either Canada or the USA, whichever is applicable) you should probably get one, or at a minimum check with your travel agent or cruise line to see if entry requirements have changed for your visit(s) to Mexico.

Archived