Slideshow from Oasis of the Seas 1/23 cruise

bragstarr

Those are awesome photos! Thanks so much for posting!

I haven't finished looking at them yet. I had to stop after the St Martin photos and ask you a few questions. We have Bernard booked for a private Tour. It looks like you had a blast.

How did you find the tour?

How was the traffic?

What time did you arrive at Maho and what time did you leave?

What time did you get back to the ship (those of you who didn't stay on in Phillipsburg to shop)?

Was Bernard you actual guide?

This private tour will be our first time doing an excursion not sponsored by the ship. We are a little nervous about making it back to the ship on time, especially since there will be like 6 ships in port that day. Your response to my questions would be so greatly appreciated.

Glad you had a nice trip and welcome home!:)

Can I ask what room on the Boardwalk Balcony you took those pictures from?

Sorry, not a clue. Was on the cabin crawl and just following everyone else mindlessly!

How did you find the tour?

How was the traffic?

What time did you arrive at Maho and what time did you leave?

What time did you get back to the ship (those of you who didn't stay on in Phillipsburg to shop)?

Was Bernard you actual guide?

Really liked Bernard, yes, we did have him. We had a lot of laughs and very nice of him to provide drinks. Went on the tour with other CC members in our roll call and a couple had used him before. They requested him and we got him, but I have no idea if he had other tours out that day. There were 6 couples plus him in a large van, I do remember hearing he has a larger bus too. Traffic was a bit heavy. We never went to the market at Marigot after Orient Beach because of it, we had a choice of going to the market or Maho Beach and we all wanted the beach to see the planes land. I think we arrived at Maho a bit before 1:00 and stayed for a bit over an hour. The ones who went back to the ship went around 3:00 and I and another couple stayed in town to shop.

Important: make sure you make clear with him what time he is picking you up. The ship, when we went, was on Daylight Savings and St. Martin does not follow it. So we had to meet him at 9:30 his time, but it was only 8:30 on the ship. If you're going Daylight Standard Time, this won't be an issue.

I have no idea where Sea Man was, to be honest. The member of our tour who had used Bernard before had seen him and asked that we stop there again (although it may be a standard stop). If you are touring with a local they will probably know who you are talking about. Sorry I can't help more with that.

Sorry, not a clue. Was on the cabin crawl and just following everyone else mindlessly!

Really liked Bernard, yes, we did have him. We had a lot of laughs and very nice of him to provide drinks. Went on the tour with other CC members in our roll call and a couple had used him before. They requested him and we got him, but I have no idea if he had other tours out that day. There were 6 couples plus him in a large van, I do remember hearing he has a larger bus too. Traffic was a bit heavy. We never went to the market at Marigot after Orient Beach because of it, we had a choice of going to the market or Maho Beach and we all wanted the beach to see the planes land. I think we arrived at Maho a bit before 1:00 and stayed for a bit over an hour. The ones who went back to the ship went around 3:00 and I and another couple stayed in town to shop.

Important: make sure you make clear with him what time he is picking you up. The ship, when we went, was on Daylight Savings and St. Martin does not follow it. So we had to meet him at 9:30 his time, but it was only 8:30 on the ship. If you're going Daylight Standard Time, this won't be an issue.

Oh, thank you so much!

The best caption was "Midnight on the Oasis"! Too funny! Mind if we use it? Imitation IS the highest form of flattery, you know. We'll be on the Oasis during the first week in August and we can hardly wait. Wonderful pictures. Thanks so much for posting them!

Thank you for these amazing shots. Because of all of your photos of Central Park, I was able to compare them to the deck plan layouts and figure out which CP view (non balcony) cabin I think would be a good location for us with minimal obstructions through the window.

You are awesome!!!!

Cupcake class is held six times during cruise, three times on Monday and three on Thursday, both sea days. They only take 8 people each time which is a total of 48 people the entire cruise. You really need to know about it ahead of time, there is no mention or advertising in the Compass. As soon as you get on ship go to the Cupcake Cupboard, there is a sign up sheet there. See Allison, the manager, who is a doll. I went at noon on Thursday, they also had a mid afternoon and late afternoon time on both days. Cost was $17.25 and included your creation, a tote bag, chef hat and apron, and all the fun you'll have! We really had a good time doing it.

Cupcake class is held six times during cruise, three times on Monday and three on Thursday, both sea days. They only take 8 people each time which is a total of 48 people the entire cruise. You really need to know about it ahead of time, there is no mention or advertising in the Compass. As soon as you get on ship go to the Cupcake Cupboard, there is a sign up sheet there. See Allison, the manager, who is a doll. I went at noon on Thursday, they also had a mid afternoon and late afternoon time on both days. Cost was $17.25 and included your creation, a tote bag, chef hat and apron, and all the fun you'll have! We really had a good time doing it.

Thank you so much. I think I will plan on doing this as it sounds like a lot of fun. We are going in April - can't wait. Your pictures really brought everything to life! The only problem is I don't think we are going to have nearly enough time to do everything we want to do.

Wow !!!

What wonderful photos you took, and with your commentary - I felt like I was along there with you......;)

I especially loved some of the "different" places that you took pics of, hadn't previously seen some of them...

Thank you so much for posting :)

As with all the others, we (wife and I) so enjoyed your photos and commentary! We will be sailing 5/29/10 on the Oasis and look forward to it even more now! Wondering how you managed to do the backstage tour? It looked like something we would enjoy also.

Thanks for sharing.

:D:)

BTW, my wife is from Brooklyn, NY and LOL at the subway map.

Archived