Slideshow from Oasis of the Seas 1/23 cruise

bragstarr

Amazing photos! So enjoyed that album. Looking forward to our B2B cruises on the Oasis next year!

Muriel

Great photos Robin! Thanks for posting them. :) <sigh> it sure was fun...wish we could do this cruise all over again. So many things I didn't get to do or see, there just wasn't enough time!

Couldn't you have taken more than 474 pictures?

Actually, I did have a number I deleted!

Wondering how you managed to do the backstage tour? It looked like something we would enjoy also.

It took place on the last day, Friday, I believe around noon. It was open to the public and I think about 100 people or so were there. Disembarkment in Nassau that day was earlier than the anticipated 1PM....I think a lot of people got off after the Lollapalooza parade in the Promenade. If you have tour plans in Nassau you might have to miss this but otherwise it was a lot of fun!

Robin,

thanks for the backstage tour info. I have to tell you that when I was looking at your photos, there was something about you that looked familiar. I realized that you could be Meryl Streep's sister!

Muriel

It took place on the last day, Friday, I believe around noon. It was open to the public and I think about 100 people or so were there. Disembarkment in Nassau that day was earlier than the anticipated 1PM....I think a lot of people got off after the Lollapalooza parade in the Promenade. If you have tour plans in Nassau you might have to miss this but otherwise it was a lot of fun!

Thanks for the tip; we have to check our plans!

I went back and looked. Lollapalooza parade was 11:30, the backstage tour was 12:15. The scheduled departure for Nassau, according to the itinerary, was 1PM, but the ship got in much earlier than than, and the Compass listed noon for being able to get off. The backstage tour lasted about one hour, and really gave you some insight into what goes on during show time!

Which is harder to get: a dome chair in the solarium or a chair in the beach pool?

Definitely a dome chair in the solarium. They get claimed early in the am and people never move. Beach chairs, especially if you want a single one, are easier, and mid afternoon people move along their way. When everyone went ashore in Nassau, we went up there and got 4 together for us and another couple with no problems. The sun moves around, too, so people move around, but in the solarium it's right in front of the ship and always pretty much the same lighting.

Your slideshow is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for bringing them alive w/ the captions.

We have 10 cruise newbies in our still growing group of 20+ and I can't wait to show them your pics. These pics alone will overwhelm them I'm sure.:) THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

Thank you so much for all the pictures. Even though I love Carnival...I think I may look into this ship for our trip next year. It's amazing how much stuff there is to do on there..and especially for the kids.

My son would love the Carousel, I was wondering how packed was it...was there much of a line to ride?

My son would love the Carousel, I was wondering how packed was it...was there much of a line to ride?

At the times I was on Boardwalk, minimal line if at all. May have been busier other times of day, but I don't think any big deal!

I LOVE your photos!!!! You should work for RCCL, as I have upgraded one of my cabins twice because of your photos!! My husband and I have to have a ocean balcony, since we are at sea, and our boys are across the hall in an inside or maybe a promenade. However, after seeing your photos, I first switched them to a central park view stateroom, and then decided for a little more (since we are already spending alot) to have them in a Boardwalk balcony, with us in our ocean across the hall. That way I figure we can have the best of both worlds on the most unbelievable ship I have ever seen! Thanks again for posting your photos.

What kind of camera did you use, I need a new one and you do take very nice pics.

Thanks, but I'm far from a pro. It's a Kodak M1033. Nice and small and easy to carry. I'm not too technically minded but I can manage this one.

Thank you for the time and effort to post all your beautiful pictures. Picture 191 appeared to be in a jungle or rain forest. Can you tell me where that was taken? There were also some pictures of a very lovely house. Can you also tell me where that was? Thanks again.

See slide 182. It was all at the Great House and Botanical Garden in St. Thomas. Part of the Papa Bear tour we booked independently (for a whopping $25 per person). It was not a rainforest but a short nature walk through a heavily gardened area which was quite pretty. Scenes were from inside the house which was the residence of the second elected Governor of St. Thomas and is now open to the public. There is usually an entry fee but it was included as part of our tour.

Archived