Strange querie....cabin size comparison

tassie cruiser

:rolleyes:This may be a strange question....but here goes..... Does anyone know how the cabin sizes compare when talking square feet to metre sq.... We have been on P&O and Princess previously and now booked on Rhapsody for NYE.

On our last cruise,(NYE Pacific Dawn)it said our inside stateroom was 17.6m2. We are now booked on Rhapsody (NYE) and it says our cabin (again, inside stateroom, but catagory is large inside) is 151sq ft..... Can anyone work out these sizes. Just trying to work out if it will be much bigger..... Thanks very much in advance.. Fiona:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:This may be a strange question....but here goes..... Does anyone know how the cabin sizes compare when talking square feet to metre sq.... We have been on P&O and Princess previously and now booked on Rhapsody for NYE.

On our last cruise,(NYE Pacific Dawn)it said our inside stateroom was 17.6m2. We are now booked on Rhapsody (NYE) and it says our cabin (again, inside stateroom, but catagory is large inside) is 151sq ft..... Can anyone work out these sizes. Just trying to work out if it will be much bigger..... Thanks very much in advance.. Fiona:rolleyes:

here is the answer

Result 14.02835 so it will be smaller. There is a conversion web site you can go to - converts anything to anything. :) mummsie

If my rough calculations are correct I think you will find that the cabin on ROS will be smaller as 151sqft is aprox 14 m2

Its been a long while since I needed to do any of these calculations

Di

I don't know about other search engines but with google you can simply type in the conversion you want. When I typed in

151 square feet in square meters

google responded with

151 (square feet) = 14.028359 square meters

it's a neat feature.

I use a programme called convert that lives on my C drive.

Really? The convert that lives on my Windows XP C: drive is part of Windows and is designed to convert FAT partitions to NTFS ones. Probably not something the average user wants to do.

Thanks to everyone.... bit sad though, I just assumed it would be larger. :eek: Sure am glad I didnt book a standard interior, thought the larger interior would be bigger. Oh well. at least we will be on a cruise. The cabins on Rhapsody must be laid out so different as there is a sofa in the room and chair etc..... in the interiors we had on P&O and Princess, I really dont think that would have fitted in the cabins. Thanks again. Fiona

Does anyone know if the INSIDE of a balcony cabin on the Pacific Dawn is smaller than an outside cabin without a balcony? It looks that way on the deck plans, yet the measurements are supposedly different. :confused:

Sandielle,

We were talking about that on our last cruise, we had friends with a balcony cabin and friends with an outside. The outside cabin was bigger that the balcony cabin (inside the rooms I mean) I think they were prob the same size if you actually measured, but as you couldnt put anything in front of the doors to balcony, whereas you could with the outside cabin it seemed larger. Does that all make sense. i can be a tad confusing at times:p Fiona

PS to my last post. The cabin plans don't appear to be correct for all cabins either - I know they are configured different ways, that's why I was wondering about the sizes quoted in the brochure.

Well, I'm off to watch Silent Witness - gotta concentrate on that one! ;)

Sandielle,

We were talking about that on our last cruise, we had friends with a balcony cabin and friends with an outside. The outside cabin was bigger that the balcony cabin (inside the rooms I mean) I think they were prob the same size if you actually measured, but as you couldnt put anything in front of the doors to balcony, whereas you could with the outside cabin it seemed larger. Does that all make sense. i can be a tad confusing at times:p Fiona

Hi Fiona

Thanks for that, it's what I thought. And.....I understand you perfectly - I can be very confusing myself - so my DH says!! :D

Hi Deirdre

That's serious stuff!! :D Now here's another question.

I've read that people take over-the-door thingies with pockets in to hold lots of bottles, brushes etc. Now, I think that would be a good idea if there were 4 people in a room, but can anyone tell me if there is enough storage space in the bathroom for a couple? (I don't overdo the make-up and hair products etc.) :confused:

Hi Fiona,

I think the real question here is, how big are the bathroom shelves????? And can they hold the BIG botttle of shamppoo or not??????:D

Deidre;)

Hahahahahaha, you are funny..................... anyway, the "shampoo bottles" were not put in the bathroom smarty pants......they sat nicely on the desk right near the fridge and ice buckets.....

Hi Deirdre

That's serious stuff!! :D Now here's another question.

I've read that people take over-the-door thingies with pockets in to hold lots of bottles, brushes etc. Now, I think that would be a good idea if there were 4 people in a room, but can anyone tell me if there is enough storage space in the bathroom for a couple? (I don't overdo the make-up and hair products etc.) :confused:

Heaps of room. The over the door thing is great to put sunnies , books, cards, camera etc in as you come in the door.

Our toiletries bag is a hang up one with a few pockets too, that is very handy.

I am sure no one forgets to do this but check out behind the mirrors for storage space. I am sure you all know about that though.

Hahahahahaha, you are funny..................... anyway, the "shampoo bottles" were not put in the bathroom smarty pants......they sat nicely on the desk right near the fridge and ice buckets.....

Aahaaaa! Hope it wasn't really in shampoo bottles.:D I'm not planning to take BIG 'shampoo' bottles - with my luck it would spill it through my case or worse things might happen to it. :(

Karon, thanks for your reply. Might take one anyway - it won't take up much room in the bottom of the case.

Archived