Paradise Beach vs Nachi Cocom

YOUNG40

My wife went to Paradise Beach back in Oct. 2009 and absolutely loved it. She is a big kid at heart so she loved the blow up water toys also. A lot of people on this site talk about Nachi and it sounds very nice but I am not sure if its worth the extra money. I know food and drink is included but if we were at Paradise and bought lunch for two with about 3 mixed drinks a piece would we spend $100 which is what Nachi costs. If there is anyone out there who has been to both I would love your insight.

Tina...I see that you will be criusing on the Carnival Miracle March 2011. Myself and daughter sailed on the Miracle out of Tampa March 2007 and it is such a nice ship. I am sure you will enjoy both the ship and your cruise.

Rob

It really depends on what you are looking to do... PB for active fun, ie water toys, kayaks, snorkleing, etc

Nachi is a great AI with a pool and pool bar, quiet beach, but you will not find all the water toys there.. not as "active"

We had fun at both but it was what we were looking for each time..

Couldn't agree more. If you want the water toys, crowds, etc... Paradise Beach. If you want to chill by a beautiful beach, Nachi Cocum.

I've been checking out Nachi Cocum for an upcoming girl's cruise March 3. I know we won't be looking for any water sports; mainly want to chill on the beach with cocktails. It sounds like Nachi Cocum would be perfect for us. I'll be in Cozumel again in June with my husband and our daughters; 16 and 20, so this will be a good way for me to check it out before the family cruise.

My question is, for travel to Nachi Cocum, do you just get a cab at the pier? Also, do you pay when you get there, or do you book in advance?

We booked it today. They only take reservations for 100 so if you want to go, you need to check for availability. You can do that on their website. Then they will email you back and if your date is available there will be a link in the email to go to their secure site to pay your deposit. You have to get a cab from the pier and then back. It is approx $15 each way, so share if you can. We are taking DS on this cruise for his Spring break (he's 22 and a student) and Nachi is a perfect place for mom and dad to chill and he can drink all he wants and no driving! It's perfect!

I've been checking out Nachi Cocum for an upcoming girl's cruise March 3. I know we won't be looking for any water sports; mainly want to chill on the beach with cocktails. It sounds like Nachi Cocum would be perfect for us.
Perfect choice.

My question is, for travel to Nachi Cocum, do you just get a cab at the pier? Also, do you pay when you get there, or do you book in advance?
Just take a taxi. Agree on the fare before you get in the vehicle. Try to have exact change. Tipping in not customary for taxi in Cozumel.

Reserve in advance, definitely.

If you want quiet, relaxing ,great service , a very nice pool and hot tub that sits at the bar nachi cocom is your spot . Ive never been to paradise beach but I think for what you want your better off there

We were at Nachi last week and loved it. Just my wife & I were looking for a quiet, uncrowded beach. We had a nice lounge chair on the beach under a papala and the adjoing pool was very clean. Service was good as we always had a drink. The lunch they brought out was huge, I love to eat and I never made it to desert. I agree with other posts, I depends what you want in a beach, this was peaceful. NOTE: The taxi ride there cost $15 for up to 4 people. The return trip had seven of us and they charged $32. Ask ahead.

If you want quiet, relaxing ,great service , a very nice pool and hot tub that sits at the bar nachi cocom is your spot . Ive never been to paradise beach but I think for what you want your better off there

We were at Nachi last week and loved it. Just my wife & I were looking for a quiet, uncrowded beach. We had a nice lounge chair on the beach under a papala and the adjoing pool was very clean. Service was good as we always had a drink. The lunch they brought out was huge, I love to eat and I never made it to desert. I agree with other posts, I depends what you want in a beach, this was peaceful. NOTE: The taxi ride there cost $15 for up to 4 people. The return trip had seven of us and they charged $32. Ask ahead.

Is there any problem getting a return taxi? We will be there in April.

We are heading there on an uncoming cruise and I have myself sold on Nachi Cocum. However, I have two kids aged 12 and 9. I'm wondering if Paradise Beach would be the better bet. It isn't too crazy of a crowd at PB, is it? I want fun, relaxation -- but not a lot of out of control drunks.

We are heading there on an uncoming cruise and I have myself sold on Nachi Cocum. However, I have two kids aged 12 and 9. I'm wondering if Paradise Beach would be the better bet. It isn't too crazy of a crowd at PB, is it? I want fun, relaxation -- but not a lot of out of control drunks.

The kids would enjoy Paradise...but you would enjoy Nachi. I've been to both, and the crowds and noise of PB is not my idea of relaxing. I've now been to Nachi 3 times and I always look forward to going back. We were there last month and it was chilly, but spent a nice day in the hot tub at the bar. Will be back to Nachi in May, and looking forward to the warmer beach day this time. My DH spent the day in a hammock on the beach, eating and drinking.

You'll have a good time at PB and your kids will be happier there, IMO.

The obvious solution to your dilemma is to do a land vacation in Cozumel so you can go to both beach clubs. :D

For those of you that have been to Passion Isle how does that

compare to Nachi Cocom? Besides the pool and hottub.

Passion Isle looked more secluded and nicer from the pics.

I'd appreciate any opinions, we have been leaning towards Passion Isle.

Edited by dreamcruiser525

• 6 years later...

I have been to Paradise Beach three times. Love it. Good service. Good food. Never had any after effects from the food. We had lunch all three times we went.

Large pool and beach. Beautiful grounds. We have been thinking of gong to Nachi Cocom this trip in March. Just for something different.

Be aware the your kids will be able to see the big water toys at Paradise Beach from Nachi Cocom. Being able to see them but not use them could make for some very discontented children.

Nachi Cocom is our favorite in Cozumel. We love the food, the drinks, the people. We also love the rustic secluded type of feeling there. They only allow 100 people there. We do rent Jet Skis just about every time when we go. We also parasailed and snorkeled there as well. There are also other activities they offer for a fee. We really like the Palapas (covered table and chairs on the beach itself) and we also enjoy the massage there. I have never had a complaint about the place so that is why we always go back. They take great care of us.

Edited by BrotherCraig

Nachi Cocom is our favorite in Cozumel. We love the food, the drinks, the people. We also love the rustic secluded type of feeling there. They only allow 100 people there. We do rent Jet Skis just about every time when we go. We also parasailed and snorkeled there as well. There are also other activities they offer for a fee. We really like the Palapas (covered table and chairs on the beach itself) and we also enjoy the massage there. I have never had a complaint about the place so that is why we always go back. They take great care of us.

Was jet skiing and parasailing offered at Nachi?

That would be cool if true.

Do you know the cost?

Edited by Bases5