Victory - Which Dining Room Is Better?

LegalCat

We want to do early seating, but not sure whether to pick first or second... does any one know which is better as far as which is in which dining room and which dining room is better?

We will be on the Verandah deck in 8263 so right next to the forward elevators...

Last cruise we were so lucky to get a table right at the very back of the rear dining room and had an unobstructued ocean view.. ... but what are the odds of that happening again....

I believe you can only pick early or late seating, not which of the 2 early seatings you want. Maybe going to the maitre'd would get you switched if you are not happy with your assignment when you get there, though.

We ate in the Pacific dining room at the rear of the ship, early seating which was at 5:45. Since we were at a booth by ourselves, we were told we could arrive at 6:00 and be okay, and that's what we did.

The Atlantic dining room's early seating was at 6:15. This is the dining room in the center of the ship. They say the Pacific dining room has better views, since it's in the rear and has windows all the way around, but we wouldn't know since we were seated in a booth in the middle of the room and didn't see much of the view. It got dark early anyway, so it was no biggie.

Our cabin was on the opposite end of the ship, towards the front (sorry for not using the correct terminology!! :D) so we had wanted the Atlantic dining room, since it was closer and the dinner time better for us. Since it was a heavily booked T'giving cruise they said they couldn't switch us. They did switch us from late to early, though, so we were happy. We had requested early when we booked, but had been assigned late. We went straight to the maitre'd when getting on the ship and had that changed right away.

Carnival's website lets you choose which seating you want, either early in either dining room or late in either dining room so you have four choices to pick from... I dont know how much they stick to that, but we have always gotten the one we asked for...

Thanks for the info, I guess it doesnt matter which one we have although the one in the rear would be nice JUST IN CASE we get lucky and get a good window...

Sally we are on the May 1, 2005 sailing.. I think thats 102 days... when are you sailing?

Our booth was for 4 people. I didn't notice if they had other size booths in the dining room.

On the Sensation we had a booth for 6, so some ships have bigger ones. I am partial to booths, they seem cozier than tables to me.

We were also in the Pacific dinning room. Right in the middle. There was supposed to be five people at my table and they sat us at a booth. I'm glad it ended up being three of us. We had a perfect table but not by the window like I wished it was but we could still see the water. I love the dining room festives. I will never get over our Matre D Francisco. I still remember him getting on top of the table and dancing.

Whats the odds of getting a table for 2?? My husband and I asked for a table for 2 because we never had a honeymoon and would like the to dine alone if poss. Not that I don't like meeting new people, its just its kind of a big trip for us together.

Archived