Cruise sold out - 7 months in advance??

NCMtnBoys

I apologize if this has been asked before, I DID try the search function and found nothing.

I have a 7-night Vision of the Seas Scandinavian/St Petersburg sailing booked for Sept 4, 2010. For months and months the balconies and suites have been sold out. "Ok, this seems possible", I thought. But now the sailing is showing sold out for all categories. And it's not just my sailing, but also the one before (Aug 28th). In addition, the 5 night sailing on Aug 23 is also showing sold out.

Any experienced cruisers and travel agents - would you think all these cruises are sold out this far in advance? Or do you think that maybe something else is up and these sailings are toast? One person on my roll call thread and a couple on the previous roll call thread said that they called RCCL and RCCL says they're sold out. But we all know how that is, that sometimes the reps aren't told stuff, or are covering up something.

Those months are the European vacation months.The cruises are advertized by European travel agents Also the Swedes and Noors don't need ty fly.

Other European can get to the cruise ports by train and cars.

Shorts cruises for very little Euro's.

Have you tried looking for different combinations? For instance, the cabins on my next cruise that are OV are listed as sold out for 2 persons, however if you try to reserve a room for 3 people there are plenty of cabins left.

i apologize if this has been asked before, i did try the search function and found nothing.

I have a 7-night vision of the seas scandinavian/st petersburg sailing booked for sept 4, 2010. For months and months the balconies and suites have been sold out. "ok, this seems possible", i thought. But now the sailing is showing sold out for all categories. And it's not just my sailing, but also the one before (aug 28th). In addition, the 5 night sailing on aug 23 is also showing sold out.

Any experienced cruisers and travel agents - would you think all these cruises are sold out this far in advance? Or do you think that maybe something else is up and these sailings are toast? One person on my roll call thread and a couple on the previous roll call thread said that they called rccl and rccl says they're sold out. But we all know how that is, that sometimes the reps aren't told stuff, or are covering up something.

i heard the european society of cougers booked your cruise looking for men just like you two......good luck! ;)

I have noticed this also, I've been looking at Sept 4 and also the August 23 sailing which has had very limited availabilty for quite some time. Vision was quite heavily discounted on a number of cruises last year (I was looking lol!) so I'm surprised it has sold out. Maybe a TA or group has taken an option on them?

There is also a very good chance many cabins will be put back into inventory on the final payment due date as some people cancel and TA's return unsold cabins. That's how we were able to change to an aft cabin when none were available before that. In fact about 4-5 aft cabins showed up that day.

Sounds like agencies holding group space. As others have posted, as the final payment date comes up, unsold cabins may pop back up into the inventory.

Of course, RCI is going to say that they are sold since technically they are to agencies holding them on a group booking until final payment date. That is why RCI shows no availability on those dates. I would check agencies that only sell cruises to see if they have any availability. You might luck out that way.

MARAPRINCE

Archived