Sailing on the Monarch of the Seas..First time on Royal Caribbean

RascalAnn

We are going to be on the 10-11-10 sailing of the Monarch. First time with RC. We have always sailed on Princess. The shortest cruise we have taken was 10 night. This is 4 night cruise. Is there anything much different between RC and Princess? We love Princess. We are young 50's age group. This cruise sails out on our 9th anniversary! I'm so excited! We havent cruised since our Hawaiian cruise 3 yrs ago. I'm ready!!

We are going to Nassau and Coco Cay. Any suggestions?

First, for a short cruise, Monarch will be fine. Be prepared for much smaller cabins than you're probably used to.

I'm not sure there's much comparison between 10 night + cruises and a shorty 4 nighter....

RCI doesn't offer some of the "high end" amenities like Princess...no balcony "course by course" dining....stuff like that. But for 4 nights, it'll be fine!

First, for a short cruise, Monarch will be fine. Be prepared for much smaller cabins than you're probably used to.

I'm not sure there's much comparison between 10 night + cruises and a shorty 4 nighter....

RCI doesn't offer some of the "high end" amenities like Princess...no balcony "course by course" dining....stuff like that. But for 4 nights, it'll be fine!

There are balcony cabins on Monarch, Junior Suites/Suites.

The MONARCH is a lovely ship, and beautifully run and maintained. We enjoyed our 4-nt cruise on her last April. However, the regular cabins, IN/OV are so tiny--119/122 sq ft. If there is any way you can book at Superior OV or higher, I do recommend it. Even though we typically spend no time in our cabin, DH and I couldn't get dressed at the same time....and we are average sized people....;) I hope you enjoy your cruise on MONARCH as much as we did. And welcome to RCI!!!

Karen

I just re-read your response, and realized I mis-read what you wrote. Please excuse my response.....:)

Karen

Speed reading,huh Karen??:p

Love the MN...been on here many times............trust me,its not the size that counts.....:) just dont try to compare it to all the newer bigger ships with all the bells and whistles and you'll be fine.........

Speed reading,huh Karen??:p

Love the MN...been on here many times............trust me,its not the size that counts.....:) just dont try to compare it to all the newer bigger ships with all the bells and whistles and you'll be fine.........

I just turned 60 last week, so can I blame my OLD EYES?? LOL!!:D

Thanks for the info. Yes, I saw that that rooms are very small. Good thing we don't spend much time in there! LOL.....we usually stay in an inside cabin. This is the first time for an oceanview cabin. Cabin 6002. The very front of the ship! Good thing we are not prone to getting seasick! LOL

Word of advice.........change cabins...............take a category I..its cheaper and on deck 8,.....it says obstructed but not all of them all..........heres a chart with the unobstructed ones and there are several still available for your cruise.............

cabin 8036 is available..............great location............grab it while you can.

Like i said,I have been on this ship and her two sister ships many times...my first pick is always deck 8......

and besides deck 6 cabins are under the jogging track of deck 7(and you will hear people running above you)

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived