Table for 2 on S class?

39august

In traditional dining, how difficult is it to get a table for two? Only once on RCI have we been denied a two top when we see the maitre d' on embarkation day and that was only for the first night. We've been doing My Time Dining on our recent couple of cruises because there are many two tops for that option on RCI. Would we be better to do Select dining if we absolutly want a table for two?

In traditional dining, how difficult is it to get a table for two? Only once on RCI have we been denied a two top when we see the maitre d' on embarkation day and that was only for the first night. We've been doing My Time Dining on our recent couple of cruises because there are many two tops for that option on RCI. Would we be better to do Select dining if we absolutly want a table for two?

If a table for two is really important to you, I would recommend booking an AQ-Class cabin so you will be assigned to AQ-restricted "Blu" dining room. It is very easy to get a table for two there.

The S class ships have lots of tables for 2 compared to M class ships. Problem is they are very close together. By close I mean 18 inches from other tables. Too close for a waiter to pass between them. So if you are looking for a quiet, private, table for 2 on an S class ship... good luck.

The S class ships have lots of tables for 2 compared to M class ships. Problem is they are very close together. By close I mean 18 inches from other tables. Too close for a waiter to pass between them. So if you are looking for a quiet, private, table for 2 on an S class ship... good luck.

Spot on, I saw many vacant 2 tops on Solstice. They are inches apart from tables that seat 4 or more therefore I wouldn't see any benefit in sitting at one. Good luck and have a good time.

There might be about 4 "private" 2 tables on the S class ships. The regular 2 tables are so close to each other, you cannot have a private conversation without the people at the next 2 table joining in. It's a shame they don't have a truly 2 table with more than 12 to 18" between them.

Catalina56

First of all make sure you request the table for two when you make your res. Then go to the maitre d to check your table size as soon as you arrive on the ship. He will be stationed on the upper level of the restaurnat. Look for the guy who is about to have a nervous breakdown!!!

That being said, I have to agree on the closeness of the tables. :rolleyes: My DH would slide our table about 6-8 further away from the one next to us everytime we arrived. (The other couple came later every night) But, being that close was almost like sitting at a table for four. You DO have to make a choice to just nod and say hello to your neighbor or get into full blown conversations with each other. If you're looking for a "romantic" two top, no such luck.

We had the same situation on Oasis. We ended up chatting with the couple next to us, but we didn't feel we HAD to. We didn't feel we had to inform them of whether we liked our entree or not, what we did that day or how many cruises we had been on. Even the pace of our dinner was slightly different.:) They weren't there two nights which gave us some privacy, but actually, I think we missed them a little.:D

Archived