Are You Willing To Pay More?

tikimon

The question is would you be willing to pay more for your cruise if you were able to have it your way ie: ( if it were an option )

If all drinks were included ( soft drinks, mixed drinks, beer, wine ) so no need to smuggle.

No drinking allowed.

No extra for any tipping.

Adults only no children.

All Families with children.

Total non smoking.

Freedom to smoke anywhere you pleased.

Absolutly no complainers allowed to remain onboard the vessel.

No poolside chairhogs.

And anything else you could think of.

I'd pay more for an open bar, but that's about it. As it is, though, it's far less expensive to sail the mainstream lines and pay for drinks than it is to sail the all-inclusive lines, so I guess in practice I really won't spend more. :D

The question is would you be willing to pay more for your cruise if you were able to have it your way ie: ( if it were an option )

If all drinks were included ( soft drinks, mixed drinks, beer, wine ) so no need to smuggle.

No drinking allowed.

Adults only no children.

Total non smoking.

No poolside chairhogs.

An A la Carte cruise isn't a bad idea if it could be applied individually. Start with a basic price and each cabin group could choose their own poison. I'm afraid there wouldn't be many people wanting to do that, but it is thought provoking.

Most of the things you mentioned couldn't be done A la carte, like:

No drinking allowed.

Adults only no children.

Total non smoking.

These would have to be ship wide and the pricing would effect everyone.

All inclusive drinks could be applied with or without "adult beverages"

They could imposed a "five dollar fine for whining", payable at the time of the infraction. That would probably bring in a lot of buckage.

interesting concept

No drinking allowed.

Adults only no children.

Total non smoking.

No poolside chairhogs.

Your questions are decades out of date.

Some years ago cruising WAS much more expensive.

First cruise, 11 days, small porthole cabin, $6800.00. But drinks were cheap and BYOB was allowed. There were very few children on board, in fact, to see a child on board was an oddity.

Then 2 million people cruised on small ships without balconies.

There were NO pay restaurants. Souvenir shops were tiny or non-existent.

Cruise lines, ALL cruises lines discovered that if they could entice you aboard, they had a captive and salable audience.

So now cruise fares are CHEAP! Prices aboard are much higher, and there are many more spending opportunities. But each passenger has their own choices to make. Now more than 13 million people cruise every year.

The cruiselines know what they are doing.

Your questions are decades out of date.

Some years ago cruising WAS much more expensive.

First cruise, 11 days, small porthole cabin, $6800.00. But drinks were cheap and BYOB was allowed. There were very few children on board, in fact, to see a child on board was an oddity.

Then 2 million people cruised on small ships without balconies.

There were NO pay restaurants. Souvenir shops were tiny or non-existent.

Cruise lines, ALL cruises lines discovered that if they could entice you aboard, they had a captive and salable audience.

So now cruise fares are CHEAP! Prices aboard are much higher, and there are many more spending opportunities. But each passenger has their own choices to make. Now more than 13 million people cruise every year.

The cruiselines know what they are doing.

If all these things and more are decades out of date, then please tell me why you see so many of these topics keep getting disussed so many different times here on this board?

The answer is every cruise is not the same for each indivdual, on any giving cruise you will have passengers with different concerns on their particular cruise, ie, children, drinking, smoking, etc.

While we here on this board so many times think that a poster is being picky about a certian situation, most times these things are real concerns for some people.

Yes I know that the cruiselines know what they are doing, but on here there are alot of times alot of people think they know best for the cruiselines and for the people that are sailing the ships, when in fact we only know whats best for ourselves and not others!

There are also a few mass market cruise lines that do all you can drink. The problem is that it is absurdly expensive. I like to drink...and I normally drink too much on the ships, but having to drink at least 4-5 drinks a night to break event challenges me - especially if the last day doesn't count....

All the other things I would prob pay more for, but not on CCL. I have a feeling that if CCL tried to do it, it wouldn't be the quality that it should have...

If all drinks were included ( soft drinks, mixed drinks, beer, wine ) so no need to smuggle. various lines include soda/drinks in fare, much higher than CCL. I'd have to drink more than my share to make those 'freebies' worthwhile based upon fares ive been quoted:eek:

No drinking allowed.:confused:the bar take can make or break a cruiseline's profit on any given sailing. If my fellow passengers want to shoulder the weight of this buying drinks, all the better for me.

No extra for any tipping.auto gratutities can cause decline in service, no tipping (unless the employees are well compensated) would probably result in less than 'cream of the crop' employees

Adults only no children.Many ships have private facilities, especially DCL with adult only areas on private island & supperclub. If you want a no kids experience check out sandals/breezes adult only resorts.

All Families with children.Why segregate kids from adults on a cruise unless u do it in RL?

Total non smoking. ex smoker here feels there should be separate area available

Freedom to smoke anywhere you pleased.ex smoker sez please not in visibly marked no smoking areas;)

Absolutly no complainers allowed to remain onboard the vessel.Does anybody go up to total stranger on a ship & start kvetching re issues real or imagined? Take it to the source while u r onboard if it's a biggie imo

No poolside chairhogs.Why not rent section of loungers in prime area of pool deck as they do on beaches (along line of cabana type service), with 'free' seating area also offered.:)

No.......especially for all inclusive drinks.....I think they should just be fair to all passengers........if they won't let people bring booze on then they should also not let people bring any kind of drinks including non alcoholic drinks.......that way the people that don't drink alcohol will have to actually buy their drinks also......then everyone would be adding to the cruiselines profit;)

I wouldn't pay more since I am not much of a drinker. I would love for fees to be impossed! That would be great. :p

- $1 for every minute you leave your towel on the chair without you being there (10 minute grace period).

- $5 for every minute you are unable to control your screaming, whinning, crazy child (I totally understand children cry but the parent should take responsibility!).

All charged to your SNS cards!:D

If all these things and more are decades out of date, then please tell me why you see so many of these topics keep getting disussed so many different times here on this board?

The answer is every cruise is not the same for each indivdual, on any giving cruise you will have passengers with different concerns on their particular cruise, ie, children, drinking, smoking, etc.

While we here on this board so many times think that a poster is being picky about a certian situation, most times these things are real concerns for some people.

Yes I know that the cruiselines know what they are doing, but on here there are alot of times alot of people think they know best for the cruiselines and for the people that are sailing the ships, when in fact we only know whats best for ourselves and not others!

OK, sure, whatever it is that I think you said!

I would not want to pay more for all drinks to be included. To me, on Carnival, it seems as though many of the drinkers would be drinking until they got drunk so that they got their monies worth. I know people get drunk now, but it would encourage a lot more people to do so.

I'd like there to be more adults areas. I'd also like to have the areas that are for adults be for adults only and have someone to be sure that kids aren't in there. I'd like the same type of enforcement that prevents adults from going into the kids area.

I wouldn't like the cruise to not have kids aboard. It is such fun to see the little ones being so excited. The mis-behaved ones (usually older) are another story.

I'd like to see the return of paying for a deck chair. No chair hogs!! I wonder if people had to pay to use a chair as we did many years ago, if the chairs would be so important to them. I loved having "my chair" for the week. No searching for a chair, no waiting for a chair. Whenever we wanted to use the chair, it was there.

So, the only thing I would pay extra for, and that is not on every cruise, would be the chair by the pool. Most times I don't sit out by the pool as we have one at home and can use it for about 8 months of the year, so I get enough pool sitting at home.

I would be ok with having the tips made into a service charge and have it billed and not be removable unless Carnival allowed the problem to continue. These are all just my opinion.

Seems to me that the exact amount of drinks you buy, number of photos you buy, number of souvenirs you buy and excursions you book thru the cruiseline if any, and tips, are all included in your S&S total. Add that to the cruise fare and viola! You have the all inclusive price.

No need to thank me.

YES!!!

I'd gladly pay a LOT more. I resent the system we have today. Drinkers who buy overpriced drinks subsidize the smugglers and those who choose not to drink or just are tight with money. That's just not fair.

I HAVE to smuggle in order to even the playing field, financially. I would much rather quit smuggling and pay a couple hundred extra bucks in my cruise fare.

I would not expect free beer, but maybe sell it at duty-free prices. The duty free shop makes a profit, right? The bars could too selling at lower prices.

This really gets my dander up! Sort of like the health care debate going on!

Archived