Anyone been on Glory.....canada/new england

texasnana

This is the first year the Glory is sailing to Canada from NY..I have sailed on this itinerary about 8 times since Carnival started sailing out of NY. We always have a great time. Most likely we'll be sailing on the Glory this Summer. Weather is very unpredictable. Some sailings are warm and sunny, others are chilly with thick fog. Tip # 1 bring a raincoat or pancho !!

I agree with the previous poster. When we went on the Victory 9/2007 it was 88 degrees in ST John's and 89 in Halifax. When we were on the Triumph 6/2009, it was cool and windy in ST JOHNS and it POURED in Halifax. DEFINITELY bring a rain jacket.

Has anyone been? Any tips or ideas?

The Glory visits Saint John, NB and Halifax, NS. Previous Carnival Ships to visit Saint John, NB, have been Triumph, Victory and Destiny.

If you visit the Canada section of the board there is a thread completly devoted to Saint John

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=923754

You can also visit www . cruisesaintjohn dot com

When looking up things to do, do not get Saint John, NB confused with St. John's Newfoundland as many people do.

any questions about Saint John feel free to ask.

M.

It is very easy to arrange your own tours on the Canada/New England cruise. In every port there were taxis waiting so if you have a list of things you want to see you can just go up to a driver and decide on how long a tour and how much they will charge. If you're not sure what sites you want to see the drivers are very familiar with the things most tourists want to see. And if you want to see the non-tourist things tell them that too.

We loved this cruise. Went in Sept. and the weather was cool to warm and we were very lucky to not see any rain or fog.

We've done this cruise four times, all on Victory - although we also have sailed Glory on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. I have reviews on three of the four Victory cruises on the "cruise reviews" page. Both Saint John and Halifax are very "walkable" ports. In Saint John, the Harbour Passage is a nice walkway around the port area, and I also like visiting the City Market. In Halifax, there are lots of waterfront activities - harbor tours, the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Keith's Brewery are among my favorites. One time we hired a driver to go to Peggy's Cove, which is very scenic - as long as it isn't foggy. We saw fog.

We've had all sorts of weather on this itinerary - the first time we sailed, it was cloudy and cool in Saint John one day, sunny and warm in Halifax the next. Just be sure to pack a little of everything and you should be fine.

Archived