Mushy Peas on Celebrity?

Host Walt

Thought I'd post this here because many/most of our British members check into the P&O UK forum on occasion.

It looks like Celebrity has finally noticed that there's a good market in the UK for its cruise product.

Here's the story: Celebrity's Eclipse Restaurant

Thought I'd post this here because many/most of our British members check into the P&O UK forum on occasion.

It looks like Celebrity has finally noticed that there's a good market in the UK for its cruise product.

Here's the story: Celebrity's Eclipse Restaurant

You'll find the sophisticated British audience in the Cunard area. But, and looking at the article that you post, I can't see paninis (sic) as British. Nor a lot of the things mentioned.

I don't see the need for a kettle, looks cheap and boardinghouse to me.

Mushy peas are revolting. Everywhere.

Surely the Home Service would be the appropriate offering from Auntie?

A new West End tribute show, Ovations, will feature songs from We Will Rock You and Les Miserables; there will be a Union Jack party with darts games; and the Sky Lounge will become the Sky Pub on selected nights and serve British beers.

Sounds a lot like Butlins to me:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Not a mushy pea fan, don't know who is advising Celebrity on British food tastes, I will be giving all mushy pea's a wide berth on the Ellipse :) and pork pies for that matter. I think a wider more international menu will be just fine for my tastes. After all most of us cruisers are widely travelled and mushy peas are as old as the hill's in Briton. Now if they bring in PG Tips tea that's another matter, I would most appreciate a decent cup of tea, how very British is that :D

I'm still chuckling about this one....

Can you imagine the pax on formal night; long frocks and DJs....the waiter appears with a steaming cauldron, and proceeds to ask "Mushy peez, any one please?"

Just think of the horrified faces!!!:eek:

That's what we had to eat after the war, when your back garden veg had run out in winter.....well steeped, with a big lump of bi-carb to soften them. They were known as bullets at school dinner.

jocap.

I'm still chuckling about this one....

Can you imagine the pax on formal night; long frocks and DJs....the waiter appears with a steaming cauldron, and proceeds to ask "Mushy peez, any one please?"

Just think of the horrified faces!!!:eek:

That's what we had to eat after the war, when your back garden veg had run out in winter.....well steeped, with a big lump of bi-carb to soften them. They were known as bullets at school dinner.

jocap.

Oh Jocap,

Your reply made me chuckle too. I can see people faces now, Mushy pea's madame to complement your beef Wellington or would you like a pork pie instead :eek: sorry :D I will try to be serious in my future replies.

I remember years ago on holiday in America being taken to a traditional Irish pub that served food 'like you would get back home' ... they served me corned beef hash and cabbage and Julie got boiled beef and cabbage .. I have never had or seen either of those for sale in Ireland

I remember years ago on holiday in America being taken to a traditional Irish pub that served food 'like you would get back home' ... they served me corned beef hash and cabbage and Julie got boiled beef and cabbage .. I have never had or seen either of those for sale in Ireland

There's a marvellous Maeve Binchy novel about just that- family coming from America for their wedding, and requesting what you've listed...

"traditional" Irish food.....in glitzy Dublin!- jocap.

I can see people faces now, Mushy pea's madame to complement your beef Wellington or would you like a pork pie instead :eek: sorry :D I will try to be serious in my future replies.

If you were trying to be humorous I wouldn't give up the day job!

Though having said, that you might get the headlining comidic act on Ventura.

You'll find the sophisticated British audience in the Cunard area.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks Slapper, I enjoyed that!

:D

If you can find a good PG.. we loved it in Milan but have rarely found a good'un here. A wine we have found is one from M&S it is a Chardonnay but not too heavy "Le Froglet" if it comes in it flies out we have a alert sytem here if anyone sees it in M&S at Hedge End or Winchester.

Archived