In cabin beverages sold thru room steward

MTJSR

I remember when on the Grand Princess, I had some drinks available in the cabin that were "pay as you consume". What drinks are available and is there a list you can order from (I do not remember). Also what are the costs? I too plan on taking some items onboard, but am curious as well.

I remember when on the Grand Princess, I had some drinks available in the cabin that were "pay as you consume". What drinks are available and is there a list you can order from (I do not remember). Also what are the costs? I too plan on taking some items onboard, but am curious as well.

We had a large bottle of water and 6-8 cans of pop - I think it was Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite & Diet Sprite. The cans were in our fridge and were not replenished after we had drunk them (although we did not ask for them to be) and were charged on the account towards the end of the cruise. I think they were around $2-$3 each (???) + 15% grat, which I personally thought was a little penny-pinching by the cruiseline, although with it being such a small amount, not worth getting in a strop about ;)

You can also order beer and 375 ML bottles of several different types of liquor through room service, but the prices are not what I would call reasonable anymore. Of course I compare it to not all that long ago when we could order a liter for $20 (or less), where now, you can no longer order liters but the 375 ML bottle costs you just about the same.

We had a large bottle of water and 6-8 cans of pop - I think it was Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite & Diet Sprite. The cans were in our fridge and were not replenished after we had drunk them (although we did not ask for them to be) and were charged on the account towards the end of the cruise. I think they were around $2-$3 each (???) + 15% grat, which I personally thought was a little penny-pinching by the cruiseline, although with it being such a small amount, not worth getting in a strop about ;)

So you pay a gratuity for the warm can of soda that's sitting on top of the dresser/desk.......................:rolleyes:

Archived