Chef's Table vs 150 Central Park

moakes

I've read the individual reviews of both, and they both seem great. Has anyone done both and can compare them? From a cost perspective it seems that Chef's Table is better deal as the $75pp includes wine as compared to 150's $35 pp charge + the $55 pp Tier 1 wine flight charge. But what about the food, the experience, etc???

I did 150CP and actually had the CT reserved but cancelled after doing 150CP.....all I can say is that the atmosphere of 150CP BLOWS away the atmosphere of the CT....especially if you are seated at the half of the table that have the unfortunate view of staring at a wall:rolleyes:......now don't get me wrong...the concierge lounge on Oasis is gorgeous....but still no comparison when it come to the atmosphere of 150CP. I am going back on Oasis in June and already again have 150CP reserved and once again have no interest in the CT. Also very different experience as in 150CP you dine alone and in the CT it's with a group....so it depends what you are looking for....don't just go by whats the better value....thats an apples to oranges approach.

I did 150CP and actually had the CT reserved but cancelled after doing 150CP.....all I can say is that the atmosphere of 150CP BLOWS away the atmosphere of the CT....especially if you are seated at the half of the table that have the unfortunate view of staring at a wall:rolleyes:......now don't get me wrong...the concierge lounge on Oasis is gorgeous....but still no comparison when it come to the atmosphere of 150CP. I am going back on Oasis in June and already again have 150CP reserved and once again have no interest in the CT. Also very different experience as in 150CP you dine alone and in the CT it's with a group....so it depends what you are looking for....don't just go by whats the better value....thats an apples to oranges approach.

Thanks

The "experience" is what I'm really wanting to make my decision on.

we are booked for both venues. our trip starts on March 6th. I've heard great reviews on both but even though 150 is a prettier place I still want to do the CT also because it's an event not just a dinner. Take that into place before making your decision if you are picking one or the other. Either way you can't go wrong.

I must be one of the only people who wasn't blown away by 150CP. Don't get my wrong, it was a great restaurant and the service was exemplary - but I think it was just a little too pretentious for me. Out of all the Speciality restaurants on RCI ships, I still rate Portofino's the highest - and that is my biggest (actually pretty much only) gripe with Oasis - no Portofino's - I'm hoping they put that right on the Allure!!

I literally just got off the ship today.

I agree..150 does not blow away CT. We faced the wall and didnt even think we were ripped off. You either face your tablemates or you face your tablemates with a window behind them. The wall is fine and really a non issue. I mean...you basically are treated like royalty for 2+ hours. I would do CT every night if I could. I don't know about the whole country but I can not get a 5 course meal with wine pairings at that price. Also the Chef was entertaining and the table adored him. The wine som...dont even ask me to spell that...the wine guy...was a hoot.

CT is an EXPERIENCE not to be missed if you are a regular person like me. It makes the high life affordable for one special night.

150 was great.... Even Keri Ann (sp?) visited our table and told us that CT was going to blow us away. She is delightful and a very talented chef. We enjoyed the meal.

Just my 2 cents..

Just wondering about the dress code. Does it coincide with the MDR or must men always wear jackets

I literally just got off the ship today.

I agree..150 does not blow away CT. We faced the wall and didnt even think we were ripped off. You either face your tablemates or you face your tablemates with a window behind them. The wall is fine and really a non issue. I mean...you basically are treated like royalty for 2+ hours. I would do CT every night if I could. I don't know about the whole country but I can not get a 5 course meal with wine pairings at that price. Also the Chef was entertaining and the table adored him. The wine som...dont even ask me to spell that...the wine guy...was a hoot.

CT is an EXPERIENCE not to be missed if you are a regular person like me. It makes the high life affordable for one special night.

150 was great.... Even Keri Ann (sp?) visited our table and told us that CT was going to blow us away. She is delightful and a very talented chef. We enjoyed the meal.

Just my 2 cents..

So nice to hear!:):cool:

• 1 year later...

I actually ate at both, and enjoyed both but much preferred the Chef's table, if you have to choice one, I would choose the Chef's table, it was a unique experience, the chef explained each dish and each plate was accompanied by the perfect wine pairing, it was very intimate and you get to meet other people, I highly recommend it. I have reviewed both of them and posted the menu and images on my blog at http://www.twoculturescook.com/?page_id=22.

We were on the Allure in April. The bar bill at 150 Central Park can get pretty steep - especially if you love the cucumber/basil martini as much as I did at $15 per (I think it was $15, maybe $14).

The food was great at both, the service was wonderful. Chef's Table is better appreciated by wine lovers. If you can afford it do both so you can see for yourself.

Happy sails!

~ Liz

We did both on the Oasis - I liked CT better but DH and our friends preferred 150. Getting a look see at the Consierge Lounge was great. The food is about the same - the chef does explain every course at the Captains Table at 150 Park the chef came by toward the end of our meal and talked to us about what we liked at the dinner. If you like wine pairings with dinner the CT is a better value.

If you are into wine, the CT is not to be missed. No where can you get a meal like this with a wine paring for this kind of money. The chief's narration and the somolier(sp) make it a very nice experience.

The 150 is also a great experience. The food was really not what I was expecting, but it was really great. We were able to take a galley tour with the Chief from 150. He was also an incredible guy.

If you can save up for both, then do them both.

Either way enjoy.

Sandy

Archived