Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean Cruise Questions

Crowsnesters

We are researching a Caribbean cruise for next Spring (Feb., Mar. or Apr. 2011). We are interested in the Caribbean Princess Classic Southern Carrbbean rt. from San Juan- 14 days - St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba. Has anyone done this trip? Is the ship too big for some of the islands esp. if there are other large ships iin port? We are active seniors who normally do ship's excursions. On this one, we would primarily do snorkling with some natural highlight type tours. Is this a good itinerary for this?

HAL Volendam -Alaska Inside Passage 2000

Coral Princess - Panama Canal 2005

Cunard QM2 - South America 2006

Cunard QE2 - S.F. to Sydney 2007

Cunard QV - Maiden Canary Island 2007-8

M.S. Le Diamant - Antarctica 2008

Vantage River Odyssey -Rhine Danube River Cruise 2008

Louis Cruise line Aquamarine- 3 day Greek Island Cruise 2009

booked:

Cunard QE Mediterranean premiere - Oct. 25 -N0v. 8, 2010

Cunard QM2 transatlantic - Nov. 10, 2010

I just did a B2B on the CB doing both of her current seven day southern itineraries. She certainly isn't too large for these ports as she docks in each and everyone of them. I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't have to tender at any of the ports. Both itineraries were wonderful and I'm considering doing them again next year.

I also just returned from this cruise as a b2b. I did this same cruise last year too. The assortment of islands is just great, from desert-like to mountainous rain forest, and only St. Thomas is repeated.

However, I would advise you to book as two 7-day cruises rather than a 14-day cruise as you get two cruise credits if you book it as two separate cruises and there is absolutely no difference. The menus and the entertainment will most likely be the same for each week which for me was great as it was more relaxing not to feel you had to experience everything the first week.

The menus and the entertainment will most likely be the same for each week which for me was great as it was more relaxing not to feel you had to experience everything the first week.

We returned from one week. St Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba. It was fabulous!

We have to agree that having the same offerings on the second week is a much more relaxing mode. I think Princess actually gears the entertainment towards a B2B audience. Trying to see and do the shows in one week is difficult!

We did a spice tour on Grenada with Mandoo. Private excursion. I highly recommend this tour if your are interested in learning about the island and spices. Mandoo did a fabulous job introducing us to Grenada.

We are researching a Caribbean cruise for next Spring (Feb., Mar. or Apr. 2011). We are interested in the Caribbean Princess Classic Southern Carrbbean rt. from San Juan- 14 days - St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba. Has anyone done this trip? Is the ship too big for some of the islands esp. if there are other large ships iin port? We are active seniors who normally do ship's excursions. On this one, we would primarily do snorkling with some natural highlight type tours. Is this a good itinerary for this?

We did this 14-day itinerary (plus a couple more islands) on Sea Princess. It's a wonderful cruise and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Archived