Taking wine on board at embarkation

Sailaway John

Hi all CCs - have read where Princess allows you to take 1 bottle per person of wine or champage at embarkation to be consumed in your staterrom. That's OK but if you are on a 5 port cruise, can you take 1 bottle each on board at each embarkation to be consumed in your stateroom. Interested to know - sailing 8th May - Fijian Jewels.:confused:

Hi all CCs - have read where Princess allows you to take 1 bottle per person of wine or champage at embarkation to be consumed in your staterrom. That's OK but if you are on a 5 port cruise, can you take 1 bottle each on board at each embarkation to be consumed in your stateroom. Interested to know - sailing 8th May - Fijian Jewels.:confused:

Yes you can take bottles on at each port. :) - we never bother but a lot of people do. mummsie

We took 2 bottles of wine on with us on an 18 night cruise, with the full intention of buying another 2 bottles at each port, where we could.

After a couple of days we we hadn't opened either bottle, and decided against buying any more at the next port of call.

If you are a big wine drink it probably would be worth taking it with you, but for us, as we found we didn't want to drink in the cabin and it was a hassel to keep going back to the cabin to get the bottle just for 1 or 2 glasses of wine.

You are allowed to drink it in the open areas of the ship, not just in your cabin. Most of our wine was consumed in the atrium bar, and the waiter was more than happy to get me a glass. My DH prefers beer!!:)

You can take it into the dinning room but they charge around $20 for corkage, so it really is not worth it.

Hi

You can take one bottle of wine etc (not sprits) per person. When we boarded we took 2 bottles in our luggage and carried on 2 bottles with us. When we offerd our 2 bottles of spirits (we arrived from Auckland so had a few bottles) they just said to us 'you keep hold of that'. Well, I dont think that would happen every cruise, but I guess we just got lucky.

We sailed on Diamond Princess in January and bought a bottle of champagne or wine on at all ports. We always carried it on in the bag we purchased it in (so obviously it was alcohol) and no one ever questioned us or checked that it was indeed just wine or champagne.

Hiya John

Carl and I just back yesterday from the Sun Princess to NZ. Took a bottle each (champage and/or wine) on board with us and then you are allowed to bring a bottle each on board at each port - we didnt for all ports though ...

Had a fabulous time ... hope you are Eileen are both well.

Jane

I have never had a problem with BYO a couple of bottles of wine on Princess at each Port and always ask at gangway if OK to bring back a couple of six packs of the local beer, which I like to sample as I am a beer freak too. Never been knocked back there either. Just take things in moderation. Although on the Princess ships over in Europe you see the Americans take on a case of vino, they get it on. Probably more liberal with the Americans as they are the Princess customer base as we all know.

• 1 month later...

Archived