cruising out of new york which airport to fly in ?????

texasnana

If we cruise out of new york in October which airport is better to fly into from dallas? Also what is the best way to get from airport to port? Any hotels nearby?:p

which cruise line it matters. If you are leaving from Manhattan either LGA or JFK are the least expensive taxi wise with EWR just slightly behind(its $30-35 from LGA abiout $60 from JFK and about $70 from EWR).

To Brooklyn Cruise terminal its also LGA and then JFK with the cab fare from LGA around the same $30-35, JFK about the same $60 and about $70-80 from EWR.

Finally to Bayonne Cruise terminal its EWR by many dollars as its $40 from EWR to Bayonne. and From LGA and JFK the going price for a cab(NY cabs do not have to take you to Bayonne but are required to take you to EWR-go figuire) is about $100.00 a car service will be slightly less.

It also depends on whether you intend to stay in Manhattan or just go to the cruise ports....

would be carnival .. Glory...

out of the Manhattan cruise terminal....6 million hotels in the City of New York. Any in the times square midtown area will be fine.

It really doesn't matter that much which airport. LGA is the closest but with the shortest runways.

If we cruise out of new york in October which airport is better to fly into from dallas? Also what is the best way to get from airport to port? Any hotels nearby?:p

Tripadvisor.com is the best place to get answers to your land-based NYC / NJ questions. Excellent advice from the "experts" there about transportaion in and around NYC and the airports, also very informative "stickies"

I've never cruised out of NY but I live 12 miles outside NYC so if you have any questions about the area, traveling within the city, a hotel there, etc., I'd be happy to help with what I can.

If you fly into Newark, then you can catch the train right into Penn Station. LaGuardia requires a taxi to get downtown.

actually you can't. You have to change at least one time. There is a bus from LGA but its $15 a person and with two people its almost the same price as taking a cab and when you get to the bus/train station you still have to catch a cab.

The best direct public transportation way to the city from EWR is the bus which leaves every 20 minutes from in front of every terminal there and is also $15 pp. You still need to catch a cab from the Port Authority Bus terminal although it is within walking distance of the Manhattan cruise terminal(its just about 3/4 of a mile slightly more than one kilometer-I would take the cab).

Archived