Carnival Triumph's Excursion to Tabyana Beach

teacher2cruiser

I hope I get some replies to this before it gets moved to the "ports of call" board. There doesn't seem to be much action there.

We'll be on the Triumph in March and I'd like all the info y'all can give me on the Tabyana Beach excursion. Here are my main concerns, but any info or pictures will be muchly appreciated.

Is it crowded? Can you take your chairs and get off to yourself a bit? Are there clean restrooms? I've read some posts about sand fleas in Roatan - did you have a problem with this?

Thanks so much!

We were there with Carnival three weeks ago. It wasn't too crowded, just depends on how many ships are in port and if you can dock at Mahogony Bay. The weather was too windy for us to dock at Mahogony Bay, so we docked at Coxen Hole. Those that were going to use the beach at the port, went to Tabyana, or some did anyway. The beach area is quite large and yes you can move your chair around.

We didn't have any problems with sand fleas. The washrooms were ok. We bought soda and beer for a reasonable price.

If you google Tabyana Beach photo's or go to webshots, you should be able to get some photo's. I'm not to good at posting photo's.

This was our third trip to this beach and we still enjoy it every time.

Don't worry about things and have a great time.

I hope I get some replies to this before it gets moved to the "ports of call" board. There doesn't seem to be much action there.

We'll be on the Triumph in March and I'd like all the info y'all can give me on the Tabyana Beach excursion. Here are my main concerns, but any info or pictures will be muchly appreciated.

Is it crowded? Can you take your chairs and get off to yourself a bit? Are there clean restrooms? I've read some posts about sand fleas in Roatan - did you have a problem with this?

Thanks so much!

Here is a link to some of my Roatan pictures. Tabayana is in there near the end.

I can tell you that it is probably hard to take your chairs off on your own, but the two times we have been there it has not been over crowded, and there is beach side bar service.

Restrooms seemed fine to me, and we did nto notice any sand fleas. I will tell you that it is the best snorkeling on any Western Caribbean cruise, beats every other port hands down and it is not even close.

Archived