Choice Air

jeffreytg

The RCCL web site says: "We'll monitor flights to make sure that air travel disruptions don't ruin your vacation. If your scheduled flight is changed, we'll work with the airline to get you on another flight that gets you to your cruise on time."

Notice that it does not say who pays for this new flight to get me to the cruise on time.

What can people here tell me? In case of a delay will RCCL pick up the bill for flight changes? And what if I arrive after departure, who picks up the tab to get me to the ship in the next port? The Ts and Cs don't call this out, so I assume it is on my dime?

I'm sure you are right, but then what does the $15.00 per ticket choice air fee do for me vs just booking with the airline directly?

That fee allows you to have a say in the flights that RCCL gives you for the cruise. If you have a certain flight in mind you can request it. Here is what RCCL says about Choice Air:

"In addition to all of the published rates available through travel agencies and airlines, we will from time to time offer ChoiceAir Specials. Customers will have their choice of virtually any economy, business class, or first class fares." s.gifOtherwise, RCCL assigns you whatever flights THEY want -which could have a connection instead of just being a direct flight or might not have the most convenient times to leave. They book the flight and if you don't like the flight they book - too bad. It is kind of like booking a Priceline flight - you don't know what you are getting until it's booked.

The advantage to booking with the cruise line is that they will assist you if your flight is changed in getting another flight and transfers back and forth to the airport are included. But their pricing is not always better than what you can find on your own. In all my years of cruising, I have been able to get better pricing by booking my own flights with one exception.

The advantage to booking with the cruise line is that they will assist you if your flight is changed in getting another flight and transfers back and forth to the airport are included. But their pricing is not always better than what you can find on your own. In all my years of cruising, I have been able to get better pricing by booking my own flights with one exception.

Transfers aren't included with Choice Air. :eek:

Archived