Prinsendam Inside Staterooms

Howasaur

We never spend much time in our stateroom just for sleep and change cloths . Most of the time we are up on deck looking at the world go by.

We have stayed on the Ryndam and Noordam inside staterooms no problems but a few people we know said the staterooms on the Prinsendam are really cramped. We didn't want to spend money on a stateroom we were not going to be in except to sleep and change our cloths but now I'm wondering. I would rather use the extra money to do excursions and have fun.:):confused: Help!!!

The cabins on the S- and R-ships are significantly larger than on the Prinsendam. At least the outside cabins on the Vista and Signature class ships are larger than on the Prinsendam, too; I won't swear how the insides compare on those classes.

I had the inside single on the Prinsendam, and thought it was quite spacious for one. The other insides along that passageway were doubles. I visited in one, and could not believe how cramped it was. You want to change your clothes? There wasn't room to change your mind! :eek:

We've been in an inside - I used to joke that the closet and bathroom spaces were equal to that of the cabin, but I wasn't kidding a lot.

The beds can only be configured in an L shape, and there was only room for 1 chair and 1 small table. If I had to take it again to get the cruise, I'd do so, but I like the larger cabins in the OV category. Okay, I'd love a balcony, but that's so not going to happen. Having said all that, I think you'll be fine.

We never spend much time in our stateroom just for sleep and change cloths . Most of the time we are up on deck looking at the world go by.

We have stayed on the Ryndam and Noordam inside staterooms no problems but a few people we know said the staterooms on the Prinsendam are really cramped. We didn't want to spend money on a stateroom we were not going to be in except to sleep and change our cloths but now I'm wondering. I would rather use the extra money to do excursions and have fun.:):confused: Help!!!

A couple pictures to help you out:

3D_Inside.jpg

520XInside.jpg

A couple of years ago we were considering booking an inside cabin on the Prinsendam until I looked at the HAL website and saw the cabin was a 128-138 sq ft. Inside cabins on many of HAL's ship are approximately 181 sq ft. I felt I would really experience "cabin fever" and decided not to book.

Appreciate all the input but my wife still feels the amount of time we spend in the room isn't worth an upgrade. to purchase. I have mentioned several times about the size but again she mentions the amount of time we spent in our cabin on other cruises was minimal just to change and go to bed. We both enjoyed being up on deck looking at the world go by (SEA). I myself like hanging over the railing with a camera. Enjoy taking pictures .

. . . and wonder if there is enough storage space for a cruise longer than 7 days. The diagram posted by DBA shows only 2 closets and I assume one of those contains the safe. That's not much space for clothing. And I'm sure the beds don't have drawers underneath. Where do the life jackets go? And the stewards always seem to store extra linens in the cabin. I don't see any vanity stool that opens . . . and only one chair for 2 people? Neither DH nor I is comfortable sitting on a bed for the short times we spend reading in our cabin.

If you do sail in an inside, please let us know how it works out for the two of you. As an aside, I loved the main deck J we just had on the Noordam. I am seriously thinking of not cruising on the Prinsendam because of the size of the inside cabins. Friends tried it once and said never again in one of those insides.

The Prinsendam has walk-in closets, with shelving that includes the safe. My single inside cabin closet was large enough to store sufficient clothes for the World Cruise. I kept my luggage in there, too.

There was also a bureau with drawers, and what could best be described as an entertainment center, which also had shelving.

The other inside cabins along the same passageway (small doubles) had the same storage, except it was a little more difficult to get into the walk-in closet. The opening was at the end, whereas mine was on the side.

My roommate and I shared an inside cabin on the Prinsendam for 26 days. We had the room steward remove the chair, no table was ever present. We had room #504, which had a large bathtub. The walk-in closet space was large, as it was on the other side of the bathtub. We did have two very large pull-out drawers under one bed, there were no drawers under the other bed. There was also drawer space in the dresser in the room. The shelving of the entertainment unit also had extra storage space. My roommate was very tall, and did need to sleep with her legs curled up a little, as the beds were not oversize. However, we did manage for the 26 days, but used the cabin mostly for sleeping and changing clothes. The library was the best place for reading, or out on deck. There was no headboard on my bed, so I had to get extra pillows so that I could create one. We stored some luggage under the bed, but had the steward take the bigger pieces away. We did an M guarantee, and got an inside M. We joked that our upgrade was the bathtub - as many of the insides and outsides only had showers. That large bathtub gave us a large bathroom, and a large closet, so we were fine with our room.

Thank-you for your comments regarding the stateroom very much appreciated.

We had Stateroom 508 but our TA informed us the price was changed for a saving of over $300.00 each so our TA called Holland and in order to get the reduction she had to cancel our booking and rebook us. this time we are inside stateroom Guarantee no room assignment.. Its the first time our TA has had a problem with Holland rebooking because of price. But at least we are still going Yeh!!!!!

We were in one of the three "dreaded NN" cabins on the Ryndam (which if memory serves me was 130 sq ft including the head) and we had no trouble. You probably just don't want to spend your days there!

This comes however from a couple who spends a month a year cruising on a 34' sailboat where the bedroom, bathroom, dining room, kitchen, closet and nav station (forgive the absence of nautical terms) take about 130 sq feet - and she is rated to sleep 6 - but only if you are very good friends. A sign aboard reads "Marriages performed by the Captain of this vessel are good for the duration of the voyage only...."

My roommate and I shared an inside cabin on the Prinsendam for 26 days. We had the room steward remove the chair' date=' no table was ever present. We had room #504, which had a large bathtub. The walk-in closet space was large, as it was on the other side of the bathtub. We did have two very large pull-out drawers under one bed, there were no drawers under the other bed. There was also drawer space in the dresser in the room. The shelving of the entertainment unit also had extra storage space. My roommate was very tall, and did need to sleep with her legs curled up a little, as the beds were not oversize. However, we did manage for the 26 days, but used the cabin mostly for sleeping and changing clothes. The library was the best place for reading, or out on deck. There was no headboard on my bed, so I had to get extra pillows so that I could create one. We stored some luggage under the bed, but had the steward take the bigger pieces away. We did an M guarantee, and got an inside M. We joked that our upgrade was the bathtub - as many of the insides and outsides only had showers. That large bathtub gave us a large bathroom, and a large closet, so we were fine with our room.[/quote']

Thanks for the information on that cabin since that is the very one we have for the Grand Voyage in March. We have survived smaller for 77 days on a WC. We are average height so that is good. Curious about the noise and location. Inside but quiet I hope.

Archived