Cruise overbooked

Painter

We leave on Sunday on the Diamond from Sydney.

Lots of folk on the roll call for this cruise have been offered very good "move over deals"

Some are taking it and some not.

As time is running out and lots of overseas folk are on their way to Australia what do Princess do if too many people turn up to board on Sunday?

Has this ever happened?

I have never heard of this happening on Princess where anyone was refused boarding. Princess will offer such deals as the time grows closer if they still need staterooms, they would be almost impossible to refuse. Everything from tons of shipboard credit, longer and better itinerays, upgrades to full suites, to free cruises plus all listed above. No worrys on this one, they will have a stateroom for everyone that shows up at the pier and have enough passengers take them up on the offers. ;)

Princess will keep contacting passengers and making better and better deals until they get enough of them to move over to another cruise.

We once got a moveover offer the day before our first Princess cruise. We were offered a full refund and an upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin for the three of us. We turned it down even though we didn't have a flight or hotel arrangement to deal with. I'm sure they found someone who jumped on that offer.

We leave on Sunday on the Diamond from Sydney.

Lots of folk on the roll call for this cruise have been offered very good "move over deals"

Some are taking it and some not.

As time is running out and lots of overseas folk are on their way to Australia what do Princess do if too many people turn up to board on Sunday?

Has this ever happened?

That won't happen.

It happened on a Carnival cruise from Baltimore, but I don't expect it to happen on a Princess cruise. The only time I've been offered something was too late--I did not read the email until we were in Florida. But we were offered to be upgraded from an inside to a balcony along with onboard cruise credits for half the money we paid.

Once we retire, we'd consider taking such an offer. But right now, we have to schedule vacations around DH's breaks as an instructor.

Archived