best cruiseline for kids ages 11-15

T-N-C

My husband and I have only been on one cruise. We went on the Voyager last year and had so much fun. Now we want to take our four children. We have a 15 year old a 13 year old and twins that are 11. We are trying to decide if we should take them on Carnival or Royal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:)

I see these questions all the time, and they are impossible to answer. You know your kids; no one here does.

Why not sit down, show them the features of each cruise, ask their opinions, and then choose the cruiseline you like the best.

I will add that it makes a big difference on the type of kids that will be on the ship during your cruise, of course you can't control that, but it is a big factor.

We have taken our two teenagers on two cruises, one was a great group and fun loving bunch of kids that my kids loved to hang with. Then the second cruise the other kids just wanted to cause trouble and be a general pain in arse.

As a matter of fact it was the same ship both times, so it was easy to see the difference.

Just some food for thought.

I like 6 rugrats answer...sit them down and let them choose.

We take our 3 on a cruise every year...On rccl they like the kids programs but don't really use the "extras" (rockwall, ice skating, ect..) On Carnival they say the kids programs are good but not as good but they'd rather be racing down the water slide.

I like 6 rugrats answer...sit them down and let them choose.

We take our 3 on a cruise every year...On rccl they like the kids programs but don't really use the "extras" (rockwall, ice skating, ect..) On Carnival they say the kids programs are good but not as good but they'd rather be racing down the water slide.

I'd change that slightly to sit down with them, go over both options, and then all choose together (with the parents having the final say). The parents should take their own preferences into consideration too. As well, everyone will likely need to make some compromises. That way it's more likely that they will all have a wonderful time.

beachchick

Either Royal or Carnival would be great for kids. I think you've already narrowed it down to the best choices. Pick an itinerary - number of days, departure port, cruise area - and then check out the ships going there. That should narrow it down. With either cruise line, your kids will probably prefer the newer ships, that offer more perks like water slides, the FlowRider, ice rink, movie theatre... As others have said, narrow the list and decide as a family.

Honestly, both lines do a good job with kids in general. Another poster mentioned the difference in the kids of different cruises but same ship - and there's no way to predict that. It will also depend on what your kids like, which as a parent, you will know best.

Our DS has been cruisng since he was 3.5 and he's loved every one of them. We as the parents chose the cruises (with itinerary and price driving our choices), and he realizes that cruising/vacationing is a priviledge that not everyone gets to do. In turn, he behaves and has a very good time regardless of the line/ship/itinerary we choose. If he ever becomes ungrateful, he will not go. All of the mass marketed lines have good kids' programs so we don't worry as much in that choice. We are very careful in our selection of excursions to make sure DS can participate. There are excursions we can do now that he's almost 9 that he couldn't have when we first started cruising.

My husband and I have only been on one cruise. We went on the Voyager last year and had so much fun. Now we want to take our four children. We have a 15 year old a 13 year old and twins that are 11. We are trying to decide if we should take them on Carnival or Royal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:)

Either would be a good choice.

My sons, ages 10 & 12, loved Carnival last year. They did some stuff in the camp - some stuff on their own. they loved the games that were played throughout the day & listed on the caper (trivia, board games, taboo, etc where they could win a small ship trophy or medallion).

When it comes to cruising though, my DH & I pick out the cruise because we are looking at the ports of call, the cost, the time, etc. A lot of times the cost difference is significant between one cruise line & another.

Archived