Soda Package/Cocktail Question

MotoSauce

I'm not a huge plain soda drinker - I usually have one or two a day, but that's about it. However, I do love my cocktails! (Rum and coke to be more specific). For just drinking soda alone, the soda package wouldn't be a good deal for me. I was wondering if cocktails were any cheaper if you had the soda package. I was a server in college, and where I worked, a straight shot of liquor was usually $1-2 cheaper than a cocktail. I'm not sure if it's the same on board. If so, it might actually be a good deal for me to get the soda package.

Thanks!!

No--if you order a rum and coke, for instance, the "coke" part is free....you pay for the rum!

The soda package is only for soda....not for use as a mixer. You can buy a can of soda anytime you want without a package.

If you don't drink the equivelent of 3+ cans a day, the soda package is not worth it.

Not that I am at all advocating this, but I've heard that some people bring their own rum/vodka/etc. and then buy the soda package and make their own cocktails.

Of course this is against RCI policy, so I would never encourage it. ;)

I've heard some people bring their own liquor AND soda--I would never encourage this either:p

Thanks for the replies! I was definitely hoping they would be cheaper. Maybe I should just cut back on the cocktails. Or chance the naughty room. Hmmmm. So many options.

Or maybe I'll just hit the Powerball and not worry about it at all! :)

Thanks for the replies! I was definitely hoping they would be cheaper. Maybe I should just cut back on the cocktails. Or chance the naughty room. Hmmmm. So many options.

Or maybe I'll just hit the Powerball and not worry about it at all! :)

OP, fyi...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123023

Cutting back on cocktails is clearly not the answer! :eek: Have fun.

No--if you order a rum and coke, for instance, the "coke" part is free....you pay for the rum!

The soda package is only for soda....not for use as a mixer. You can buy a can of soda anytime you want without a package.

If you don't drink the equivelent of 3+ cans a day, the soda package is not worth it.

Actually if you order a straight shot IT IS CHEAPER!

OP- Technically yes it would be cheaper that way. You could get a coke then order a shot and simply pour it into your coke.;)

Archived