The Whole Enchilada.....

hockeyken

:D I have been watching, and participating to a minor extent, on these boards for 18 months. I am going on a Med. cruise in Nov.....1st cruise in 30 yrs. Having great fun on the roll call, so..........

I have seen, and read extensively of bad food, poor customer service, CHAIR HOGS, smokers, wild unattended children, overdressed and underdressed , inappropriately dressed, cross dressed, rude , red necked passengers, foreign passengers, rude Americans, rude Canadians, embarkation problems, debarkation problems, suite passengers with ( God forbid) perks, no compensation for slights both real and imagined, name calling, ancestry questioning, cruise line bashing, and general verbal diarrhea........whoo, need to take a breath.

Well, to all of you, as they say in the restaurant business " bite m..."

I will cruise with an open mind, have a great time,not worry about service, have a drink with anybody, of any social standing, wearing whatever.

This is my vacation, and I WILL maximize it, with head screwed on straight, with respect for my fellow cruisers and cruise line employees.

So there.

Ken :D:D:D

We echo your sentiment. One thing that really enhances a Med. cruise is research -- there is so much to see; one needs to whittle it down to key places and sights.

Our two 12 night Med. cruises totally met our expectations and will be treasured memories forever. (photos in the link below and reviews posted)

Kathy:)

You will have the most amazing vacation because of your attitude! We just got back from Disney, it was fantastic, it was cold 40-50 and rained both days we were in the park, not just sprinkles, heavy. Yes it was fantastic. No one was in line anywhere we spend 15 minutes with pluto since no one else was around. It was great. I will do the rain dance next time we go back. ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!

Kathy,

Did you do your own tours or did you book everything through the ship? We are doing a seven night on NCL Jade and then getting on the Voyager and bringing her to Galveston. Would love to know what you did..... are you in Florida right now?

Colleen, yes we have been in Naples since Oct. 20th; wish it would warm up!:eek:

We did a combination of booking things on our own and booking things thru RCI. Definitely for any place of distance we used RCI, e.g. Pompeii and Florence. For Pompeii would took the guided tour and for Florence we did the tour "On Your Own". One thing we found really valuable was purchasing entrance tickets online in advance, e.g. Academia and Medici Chapel in Florence. We used Google Maps to estimate the time it would take to walk from one place to another thus determining the times we wanted to book (some have 1 1/2 hr. time slots); it worked out perfectly.

Are you spending any time in Naples (Fla) this winter?

Kathy:)

Archived