Princess flowers....good value?

kymbakitty

I have received both sizes of floral arrangements as gifts and they both were beautiful and lasted the entire length of the cruise. I also thought they were an excellent value for the price - I wish I could get flowers at home for those prices.

Thanks for all your tips...I will get these ordered ahead of time for my next "girls only" cruise. This is my best friend's first cruise and I want it to be extra special for her. Plus...I'll get to enjoy the flowers, too!:D

Just for reference...Where on the ship is the flower shop located? We'll be on the Crown.

It's not really a shop -- it's usually a table set up somewhere, I think on the Promenade Deck. I'm not remembering exactly if it's the Crown I'm thinking of or the Dawn, but I know I walked by it every day. They'll definitely list its location/hours in the Patter -- I have those from the Dawn's at home and maybe from the Crown -- in any case, I'll look when I get home tonight and post tomorrow what it says, if you like.

My b/f always gets me an arrangement of fresh flower in Barbados. They

are beautiful, last the whole time we hve them, and are only 20-30 dollars

We have in the past, brought flowers on board from San Juan, or Florida.

I have a 'blow up vase" that I bought some years ago from some travel

catalog (ll bean or such-maybe it was Tilleys)

Fresh flowers are such a nice touch in your cabin :)

My hubby loves fresh flowers (even more than I do). I want to order some for our cruise and since it will be a two week cruise, it will be nice to have flowers for at least most of it.

I see three selections that can be ordered. A dozen red roses...nice, but roses hardly ever open and they can look pretty awful in just a few days.

The other two options are mixed bouquets. One is $38 and the other $48....or close to that. While they look slightly different from one another, I can't really tell the difference. One states that it will be the cruiseline's choice and the other one appears to suggest that you have choices (in what flowers go in)...but it doesn't really say that either.

Has anyone ordered either of the two bouquets? I would love to do this in the very near future.

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

Last Cruise we ordered the $38 bouquet and they were beautiful. Well worth the price paid. Infact we are sailing on april 17th and I am thinking of ordering them for our room.

Have ordered the smaller bouquet for smaller rooms so not overpowering and they will have a place to sit. The larger arrangement can get in the way if a balcony,outside or inside cabin as there is not as much space in the room for the arrangement, just my opinion. Both arrangements are nice and will last the full duration of the cruise.

My friend ordered flowers to be delivered to me 6 days into the cruise for my birthday. Most of the display was dead within 4 days. The florist was no longer onboard. We boarded Crown in Quebec in October. I spoke to reception and was told that 4 days was the amount of time they were expected to last. I know my friend spent quite a bit of money and was not happy with this.

We were on a B2B so when the florist appeared in Fort Lauderdale I spoke to him about it. He asked my cabin number and delivered a fresh display that day.

This was good service. :)

Thanks for all your tips...I will get these ordered ahead of time for my next "girls only" cruise. This is my best friend's first cruise and I want it to be extra special for her. Plus...I'll get to enjoy the flowers, too!:D

Just for reference...Where on the ship is the flower shop located? We'll be on the Crown.

It is often just forward of the Explorer's Lounge on Deck 7. I have seen it in a few different places but usually around here.

I have ordered the less expensive arrangement (I seem to recall paying $33 but prices have probably risen) for our last few cruises and have been very pleased with it. I felt it was a good value for the money spent. I would order ahead of time (and plan on doing so for our upcoming TA on the Grand) because it is really nice to walk into your cabin and have the flowers already there. Sure, they have tables set up onboard but I like seeing the flowers when I first walk into my cabin on embarkation day.

me too! just ordered mine for our cruise on Sunday :) I love the smaller arrangement - and it's not that small LOL. I love walking in and seeing it in my room!

My friend ordered flowers to be delivered to me 6 days into the cruise for my birthday. Most of the display was dead within 4 days. The florist was no longer onboard. We boarded Crown in Quebec in October. I spoke to reception and was told that 4 days was the amount of time they were expected to last. I know my friend spent quite a bit of money and was not happy with this.

We were on a B2B so when the florist appeared in Fort Lauderdale I spoke to him about it. He asked my cabin number and delivered a fresh display that day.

This was good service. :)

I usually water mine after the second day and every other day thereafter. Mine have lasted 7 days. A few flowers out of the arrangement might die but I toss them and leave the rest that are still alive and going...it still looks nice even to day 7!

I'm not sure if waiting until you get on the ship gets you a few more days of life out of the flowers or not - but if your hubby is really going to appreciate having them, there is nothing like walking into your cabin the first time and seeing the flowers there with a nice card telling him they are from you!

I normally order the roses and they last well over a week, but didn't make it on our 14 day cruise. I bought an arrangement the last time and it was still beautiful at the end of our 7 day cruise.

This time I'm doing what someone else mentioned earlier - I pre-booked the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and will set it up early in the 14 day cruise, and enjoy the flowers that come with it the rest of the cruise.

Plus, She Who Must Be Obeyed, told me to quit wasting money on flowers....yeah, yeah.... :-)

Plus, She Who Must Be Obeyed, told me to quit wasting money on flowers....yeah, yeah.... :-)

You didn't actually fall for that one, did you?

But seriously, what type (size/type) of flowers are delivered with the balcony dinner?

:)

Just off the Caribbean Princess yesterday-Always have a dozen roses waiting for my wife when we arrive in out stateroom-The have laways looked great and lasted all week. She always seems to like them and comments about how nice they look

You didn't actually fall for that one, did you?

But seriously, what type (size/type) of flowers are delivered with the balcony dinner?

:)

Of course not, that's why I added the "...yeah, yeah" :-)

As I recall, and hopefully someone who has done it recently will chime in, it was a medium sized arrangement of cut flowers, long and low - not like a stand up glass vase with flowers sticking up (can you tell I'm not a florist?)

[quote name='WeBeGone']Remember that anything you pre order must be in the system at least 14 days in advance of sailing date.[/quote]

I didn't realize this. I gave my credit card and received an email saying it was received and being processed. You think i'll have a problem with it? Just ordered this week. Sailing on Sunday!

Don't know where you are cruising to or from but we have found buying flowers in port is really the way to go.

We have bought flower from a florist in Ft Lauderdale and had them delivered to the ship.

We have shopped for flowers in ports in Europe especially, i.e., on our Baltic cruise and in the Mediterranean.

We even got flowers from a florist in Catalina on one cruise.

I can tell you roses are not generally our first choice from experience they don't always last as long as some others.

Any rate, we love to shop for flowers while in port, along with wine. We don't do organized tours, so exploring a port on our own and buy from locals is one of the ways we enjoy visiting a port.

Archived