Survey: Portifino's vs. Chop's

I'll have to go with Portofino's, since the place is called Portofino, not Portofinos! That stupid apostrophe after Chops is a pet peeve I've just given up on. For some reason, people just don't understand apostrophes.

The one I see even more than the above, and drives me more nuts, is the spelling of "balconys."

We always eat at both on all rccl ships. We were on the Mariner in Dec and did both and got a 3rd freebie from the cruise line and picked Portofino which we liked the best. But it has bin that way on most rccl ships. Bob & Donna:)

I think you missed the point of this thread. ;)

We're not supposed to correct spelling. Not that I'm a perfect speller, but dinning room drives me crazy. I have a bad habit of reading just like it's spelled :rolleyes:.

There are so many commonly misspelled words on CC, you do get to the point where you just get used to them. I've started to think people either learn to spell this way from being on the internet, or maybe they think what they commonly see is correct. There are times when I've gone back to some of my posts that I didn't read carefully before hitting the submit button, or too late to edit and have seen glaring, embarrassing errors.

We do have to be kind and remember Engllish is not always a first language and it doesn't necessarily mean a person is not intelligent because they do not know how to spell properly (sp?).

I did the wine paring for both. I think chops was better.

You may want to read the thread again. They're not asking which restaurant you like better. They're asking which spelling mistake drives you more crazy. :D

Archived