New ship names...

RickEk

Yes, I know this has been done to death (think Tanzanite Princess... :p ), but I'm thinking the two newbuilds will be named... drum roll please...

Regal Princess
and
Royal Princess

Why else was the Royal Princess summarily transferred to P&O? They have obviously run out of gem names (I thought Ruby Princess was a stretch :rolleyes:), so I think they'll recycle two names from the "past" and they are obviously related to each other...

What say you? :)

The Princess Dream and the Princess Nightmare? Lol, kidding, kidding.... I don't think they'll recycle names, solely because they're building something different, and if they're aiming for new technology or design etc. which we don't know if they will, I doubt they'll bring back something from the past when they're looking to the future.

However, if the "Pegasus," class rings true, Pegasus was made of different clouds in the sky, maybe Princess Nimbus? Or Princess Cirrus, or Stratus?

However, if the "Pegasus," class rings true, Pegasus was made of different clouds in the sky, maybe Princess Nimbus? Or Princess Cirrus, or Stratus?

Pegasus the winged horse?

From Wikipedia

"There are several versions of the birth of the winged stallion and his brother Chrysaor in the far distant place at the edge of Earth, Hesiod's "springs of Oceanus, which encircles the inhabited earth, where Perseus found Medusa:

One is that they sprang from the blood issuing from Medusa's neck as Perseus was beheading her,[6] similar to the manner in which Athena was born from the head of Zeus. In another version, when Perseus beheaded Medusa, they were born of the Earth, fed by the Gorgon's blood. A variation of this story holds that they were formed from the mingling of Medusa's blood and sea foam, implying that Poseidon had involvement in their making. The last version bears resemblance to the birth of Aphrodite."

Did I miss something:confused:

Pegasus the winged horse?

From Wikipedia

"There are several versions of the birth of the winged stallion and his brother Chrysaor in the far distant place at the edge of Earth, Hesiod's "springs of Oceanus, which encircles the inhabited earth, where Perseus found Medusa:

One is that they sprang from the blood issuing from Medusa's neck as Perseus was beheading her,[6] similar to the manner in which Athena was born from the head of Zeus. In another version, when Perseus beheaded Medusa, they were born of the Earth, fed by the Gorgon's blood. A variation of this story holds that they were formed from the mingling of Medusa's blood and sea foam, implying that Poseidon had involvement in their making. The last version bears resemblance to the birth of Aphrodite."

Did I miss something:confused:

No no, it was a joke, if you've seen Disney's Hercules, Zeus creates Pegasus out of clouds as a gift to Hercules.

They've certainly brought back old names when they have come up with something new previously (Hello, Crown and Sun Princess), so I wouldn't be shocked with Royal and Regal. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them spread the gem names across a third class of ship and go with Opal.

Or continue with the bodies of water they frequently sail in and go with Atlantic and Mediterranean Princess.

Or continue with the bodies of water they frequently sail in and go with Atlantic and Mediterranean Princess.

In honor of the 9 day NYC-Bermuda/Caribbean sailings- The East River Princess!! Or better yet, The Brooklyn Princess!!

Archived