Robes and Beach Towels Provided?

We will be cruising RCCL on the Serenade Feb. 27th and was wondering if we would be provided with robes and beach towels. We previously were on Celebrity, beach towels were in our room for us to use when we went to the beach. It makes for a lot less bulky stuff to pack. Anything else I might not need to bring? Thanks in advance.

NO don't bring towels. Who wants a sandy towel in their cabin? Each day go to the pool deck. You sign for fresh towels. They can be taken off the ship. Be sure and return each day or they will charge you. As far as robes. It depends what type of cabin you have. I believe JS and above gets robes. Also D and D+ get robes.

We had fresh beach towels delivered every day to our cabin. There is really no need to pack them. Unfortunately you won't have robes in the cabin though. I love sailing on RCCL, but Carnival provides robes and RCCL doesn't [unless you reach a certain level].

Otherwise- you'll love the Serenade. I can't wait for my next trip on her.

I'm bringing my own towels. I love my darling teenage son dearly, but I don't trust him to not get distracted and forget to turn a towel in! :rolleyes:

You don't have to worry about turning in the towels every day- they have drop off bins when you come back from excursions- there is no real tracking of the towels [at least when we sailed two years ago].

We just got off of the Seranade two weeks ago.What we did was when we got back to the ship we would go up to have a bite to eat at the windjammer,,but befor we did we go by the pool and exchange your towels.Dont drop them as you get back on the ship.Make sure you tell the attendent you are exchanging and you dont have to give your room number.We did a B2B and did eleven day at the beach.

We just got off of the Seranade two weeks ago.What we did was when we got back to the ship we would go up to have a bite to eat at the windjammer,,but befor we did we go by the pool and exchange your towels.Dont drop them as you get back on the ship.Make sure you tell the attendent you are exchanging and you dont have to give your room number.We did a B2B and did eleven day at the beach.

Why shouldn't you drop them off when coming back on the ship? We did this and it worked out fine for us. The room stewards just put new ones in our room in the evening.

We don't pack towels, but we certainly take our own robes, both of them are lightweight and pack small.

Neither of us can stand the heavy robes that are provided by RCI. The only time we've ever used them is if it's cold outside in the morning on our balcony. Since that rarely happens, they mostly just hang in the closet.

You don't have to worry about turning in the towels every day- they have drop off bins when you come back from excursions- there is no real tracking of the towels [at least when we sailed two years ago].

I believe the policy has recently changed so that you now need to 'sign out' towels by the pool and 'sign them back in' when returned using your seapass. No more towels in the rooms. :(

We did have them in our room in August, but have heard its changed fleet wide since then.

I believe the policy has recently changed so that you now need to 'sign out' towels by the pool and 'sign them back in' when returned using your seapass. No more towels in the rooms. :(

We did have them in our room in August, but have heard its changed fleet wide since then.

The towel policy changed in September. You have to go to the pool and get as many towels as you like. They will scan your seapass. You can exchange the wet/dirty ones daily. You MUST return the same number of towels by the end of the cruise or they state that you will be charged $20. PER towel. We have alsways gotten 3 towels and returned them on the last sea day. No problem.

In November we had the beach towels in our room already, no need to ask for them (they were the orangey-yellow ones and based on recent pictures I see people with blue & white now.)

Near the pool they did have people signing towels in and out.

Our room steward was great, she asked what excursion we had at each port and brought extra beach towels if we had a "wet" excursion.

We don't pack towels, but we certainly take our own robes, both of them are lightweight and pack small.

Neither of us can stand the heavy robes that are provided by RCI. The only time we've ever used them is if it's cold outside in the morning on our balcony. Since that rarely happens, they mostly just hang in the closet.

RCI is replacing their heavy plush robes with a lighter weight waffle type weave...Still comfy on the balcony for roomservice breakfasts..:D

For cabins that have not been automatically supplied with robes, has anyone been successful in requesting them from a steward? DH and I purchased thick ones on our last cruise but I'd rather not take up real estate in my suitcase to bring them with us. Thanks!;)

We were just on the Serenade a few weeks ago, your room steward provides you with towels in the room, but if you need more or forget them,you can sign them out at the pool. I asked the attendant about that, as I has signed out extras one day for a catamaran excursion, but dumped them in the "wet" bin when we returned to the ship. I asked him how he knew who returned the towels. He said the reason they sign them out is to know in general how many towels total are out there. Not for charging anyone. Of coarse these are the waffle weave yellowy ones. Not the blue and white striped ones found on other ships.

In terms of robes, we have travelled with friends who weren't Plat/Dia and they requested robes from their steward. They rec'd them.

Thanks for the info. on the towel situation. I always liked the robes for hanging around the room, they were the cotton waffle ones. We are E1 balcony. Maybe I'll see if we can score a couple from the steward.;)

RCCL Serenade of the Seas 02/2010

NCL Pride of Aloha 05/2007

Celebrity Mercury 02/2003

Celebrity Millenium 02/2002

Archived