Favorite St. Lucia Photos

Host Faith

We have visited St.Lucia several times. One of the best ways to see the island is from a small boat cruising the coastline.You get to stop at some beautiful beaches such as the ones in my photos.

Great photos! I think we would do a boat tour the next time we stopped in St. Lucia. There's nothing like the views of the island and the Pitons from the sea. :)

This summer we enjoyed a land vacation in St. Lucia. Here are some of our favorite St. Lucian photos.

Ziplining through a tropical rainforest in Dennery

IMG_2777.jpg

Errand Falls--simply beautiful scenery

IMG_3033.jpg

Cooling off in the waters of Errand Falls--so refreshing!

IMG_0322.jpg

View of the Petit Piton from half way up the Gros Piton

IMG_05021.jpg

Touching the arch as we cruise under the Natural Bridge (which was featured in the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean")

IMG_3291.jpg

Exploring the rocks at Anse Mamim

IMG_3363.jpg

The Petit Piton from Soufriere

IMG_3242.jpg

Jalousie Beach, between the Pitons

IMG_3471.jpg

Exploring the old sugar mill at the Balenbouche Estate

IMG_3210.jpg

Peering through cactus towards Fort Rodney from Signal Hill, Pigeon Point

IMG_0813.jpg

Petit Piton at Sunset

IMG_2711.jpg

dz63, your photos are amazing! I especially like the one of you and your family pointing at the Petit Piton. The Jalousie Beach photos are beautiful too. Looks like you really enjoyed your land vacation in St. Lucia, we hope to do that someday ourselves :). Where did you stay on the island?

dz63, your photos are amazing! I especially like the one of you and your family pointing at the Petit Piton. The Jalousie Beach photos are beautiful too. Looks like you really enjoyed your land vacation in St. Lucia, we hope to do that someday ourselves :). Where did you stay on the island?

Yes, the sites in St. Lucia are truly amazing! We stayed on the southern end of the island (near the airport) at the Coconut Bay Resort.

A tropical beach photo taken further down the beach from the Coconut Bay Resort. From here, you can see Moule a Chique and the Maria Islands.

IMG_3615.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the sites in St. Lucia are truly amazing! We stayed on the southern end of the island (near the airport) at the Coconut Bay Resort.

A tropical beach photo taken further down the beach from the Coconut Bay Resort. From here, you can see Moule a Chique and the Maria Islands.

IMG_3615.jpg

Beautiful! :)

• 1 month later...

Ok - this may have been answered before - but how do I post big pix like the one above - can only seem to figure out how to post thumbnails. Have tons of beautiful St. Lucia photos- would love to share! Any help is appreciated!

I have mine loaded onto Photobucket, and I think other online photo storage sites work the same. There is a place to click the "IMG code" for a photo, you copy that and then paste it into the thread.

Yeah, I saw that - but what if you don't have them loaded online - is there a way to do it from your files - if not, no biggie, thumbnails work too, although you miss some of the beauty of the shot when it is smaller. Thanks!!!

Ok - this may have been answered before - but how do I post big pix like the one above - can only seem to figure out how to post thumbnails. Have tons of beautiful St. Lucia photos- would love to share! Any help is appreciated!

I also use Photobucket to post photos online.

Here are instructions on how to set up, use and post photos on Photobucket.

First of all, you need to open up a Photobucket account.

http://photobucket.com/

Once you open up a Photobucket account, you are ready to download your photos--just click on the "Upload Photos" button and you are ready to go!

Once your photos have been downloaded, you can easily resize it. I found that all of my photos were automatically sized as X-large (15" screen). This is the size of the large photos that you see above. If you wish to resize these photos smaller, it is easy to do. Simply click on the photo and it will come up larger. Then hold your mouse over the top of the photo and an index bar will appear. Click on "Resize" and a drop down menu will appear. It will show you these sizes:

Tiny (100 X 75)

Small (160 X 120)

Medium (320 X 240)

Large (640 X 480)

15" screen (800 X 600)

Click on the size you would like and your photo will be resized to that.

Now, your photo will be the size you want it to appear in Cruise Critics.

To post your photo in Cruise Critics, you will need to get your photos image link. You will find this by either holding your mouse over the photo and a "Share" Menu will drop down or if you had clicked on the photo opening it up so that you can view it in a large format, you will find this "Share" Menu located on the left side of the page. On this "Share" Menu you will see four different links:

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

To post your photo on Cruise Critics, you will need to copy the IMG Code.

Copy the IMG Code into your post. It will show up as a link. It will turn into your photo (at the size you chose) once you click on "Preview Post".

And that is it! It is that simple!

I hope you are able to make sense of my instructions.

If there is still something that is unclear, let me know and I will try to clarify it better for you.

Looking forward to seeing more photos of St.Lucia!

Soufriere from an overlook at the Southern end of town.

DSC00135.jpg

One of my favorite stretches of road in Choisel - looks like you are driving off the end of the world!

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

View from Jade Mountain

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

Have more - will try some more tomorrow!

PS: Excellent directions you guys - thanks! And very easy. Will add more tomorrow or later this week.

At La Haut, above Soufriere, enjoying the pool and the views!

Soufriere from an overlook at the Southern end of town.

DSC00135.jpg

One of my favorite stretches of road in Choisel - looks like you are driving off the end of the world!

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

View from Jade Mountain

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

Have more - will try some more tomorrow!

PS: Excellent directions you guys - thanks! And very easy. Will add more tomorrow or later this week.

Gorgeous photos Reedprincess! Great job! Can't wait to see more, you've got me wanting to stay at Jade Mountain someday :D

So many great photos, it's hard to choose just one or two!

Here are some from our boat tour:

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

Marigot Bay:

IMG_0847.jpg

And of course, we can't forget the beer!

IMG_0902.jpg

Gorgeous photos of the Pitons! I think the next time we go to St. Lucia, we'll see the island by sea. We're going to need to tour on catamaran or a boat. These shots from the water are incredible.

ReedPrincess: Yay, you did it! Your photos are beautiful, can't wait to see more.

Host Faith: Thank you, we really enjoyed our water tour, my only complaint is that we actually did not get to sail in between the Pitons as the ship's tour description said we would, I think maybe we were running out of time or something, the boat just suddenly turned around and started heading back to Castries. It still was a beautiful ride though, but I have to admit that those photos of the Pitons were taken with my camera zoomed in pretty far. They came out great though, I've been really happy with my newest camera. And now I would like to do a land tour if I am ever on St. Lucia again!

reedprincess your photos are amazing! Can't wait to see more! ;)

centralcalicruzer your photos are also spectacular. Reminds me of our coastal tour. To see the island by sea is so picturesque.

And of course, we can't forget the beer!

IMG_0902.jpg

Your pictures bring back great memories of our 2009 trip to Sandals. We were there for a wedding & fell in love with the island & Piton beer! I keep checking liquor stores when I'm in them to see if by some chance Piton has arrived in the US!

Your pictures bring back great memories of our 2009 trip to Sandals. We were there for a wedding & fell in love with the island & Piton beer! I keep checking liquor stores when I'm in them to see if by some chance Piton has arrived in the US!

One of my favorite things to photograph on our trips is the local beers, especially since my hubby is a beer drinker - I have shots of Banks Beer in Barbados, Wadadli in Antigua and Caribe in St. Kitts!

A Few more for you of much lesser seen sights by Cruise guests:

Moule a Chique in the South from Anse Des Sables (Sandy Beach) in Vieux Fort (you can just make out the lighthouse at the top!

DSC00080.jpg

Maria Islets as seen from Anse des Sables (Sandy Beach)

DSC00079.jpg

some sculptupes at Jade Mountain

DSC01385.jpg

Jade Mountain from one of it's many bridges:

DSC01383.jpg

From the Room at Jade just after sunset:

DSC01369.jpg

more to come once I find the cord for my external drive!!

From a friend's sunset wedding at Jalousie:

Waiting for the bride:

DSC00790.jpg

Sunset ceremony:

DSC00808.jpg

Jalousie just before sunset - Gros Piton in the background:

DSC00791-1.jpg

OK - now I have to find the cord for the external drive - seriously!

hope you guys enjoy!

Archived