Dream tendering in St. Thomas???

CMJFamily

Just checked the cruise ship schedule at vinow dot com and it showed the docks (WIC or CB) for all ships except the Dream. I read that if more than 5 ships in port, then some ships would have to tender right into Charlotte Amalie. Has anyone experienced this?

While not first hand, I have watched it done. On the Fortuna last year the Eurodam or Rotterdam, can't recall which one, tendered their guests. They anchored between St. Thomas & St. John and then offered tenders to either island. I thought that was great! As we had docked at St. Thomas and then had to take the ferry from Red Hook to St. John.

While not first hand, I have watched it done. On the Fortuna last year the Eurodam or Rotterdam, can't recall which one, tendered their guests. They anchored between St. Thomas & St. John and then offered tenders to either island. I thought that was great! As we had docked at St. Thomas and then had to take the ferry from Red Hook to St. John.

That would be great! While I love St. Thomas, my plan is to try and get

to St. John this May.

That would be a horrible location to anchor, and certainly not visible from the harbor at Charlotte Amalie. If that were true every passenger going to St. Thomas would have been let off at Red Hook or suffered a 45 minute tender ride. I don't beleve that happened. You are probably confusing Water Island with St. John which is east of St. Thomas.

When ships tender in St. Thomas they anchor in the harbor at Charlotte Amalie.

Several years ago we were on the Norway and we anchored at St Thomas and went ashore via tender. I really liked that since the tender dropped you off right in the middle of town.......didn't have to take a taxi from Havensight. Not many ships do that anymore since they have Havensight and Crown Bay piers. ;)

Archived