What's a good cruise magazine?

klmorg

I dont think any of them are that good if you only want cheap cruises lol.

In a typical magazine, they will feature some far away distant port, that Im unlikely to be able to get to any time soon. If you have lots of money and can cruise more expensive cruiselines, then you will like them.

You are lucky if Carnival even gets a nod in them.

I have Cruise Travel too, among many. I am pretty limited to which cruises I can book because of my parents, so maybe thats why I didnt find it that exciting.

Contents of one at random, New Orleans, the port of the month,

Costa Pacifica, Large, lively "ship of Music" saild Med year-round.

Southern Caribbean, Celebrity's classic voyage to timeless, unspoiled isles,

Belize Discovery, ACCLs upclose exploration of the beautiful barrier reef.. etc.

I find the information online to be more what I want to read, instead of if Im lucky one article I find of interest ... but thats me.

Firefly,

The OP just wanted to know if there was a good magazine. Just my opinion.

I understand. I was just defending my opinion, that nothing much pertains hardly to Carnival if that is their interest.

You are entitled to your opinion as well.

I gave some titles of the articles, so the OP could decide for themselves if those articles would appeal or not to them.

I understand. I was just defending my opinion, that nothing much pertains hardly to Carnival if that is their interest.

You are entitled to your opinion as well.

I gave some titles of the articles, so the OP could decide for themselves if those articles would appeal or not to them.

I totally agree with you - cruise magazines are a thing of the past - go on line and check things out there. Save some trees.

Thanks to those who answered my question, and gave recommendations. Obviously I know that one can/should go online to check things out, or I wouldn't be here on CC. I was simply asking for a magazine recommendation... period. And I did not ask that it be specific to Carnival. ;) Thanks!!

Thanks to those who answered my question, and gave recommendations. Obviously I know that one can/should go online to check things out, or I wouldn't be here on CC. I was simply asking for a magazine recommendation... period. And I did not ask that it be specific to Carnival. ;) Thanks!!

Comments back like this, I wonder why I bother to even give my opinion. You did say GOOD magazine ... and I added that they hardly mention Carnival as a specific since these are the Carnival boards, I mistakenly thought you might be more interested in them.

This does seem aimed at me, since Im the one who mentioned Carnival not being featured much. :o

A generic thank you is much appreciated, not who is correct and whose reply isnt appreciated.

I get more benefit from books like Rick Steve's Italy, etc, that tell about the cities/ports I will be wanting to visit and what there is to see there.

I agree, Iv read cruising books and like them better as they are filled with facts. I find the magazines starting to sound like ads after a while promoting places that probably are paying to be mentioned? They just seem like they are advertising certain things, but I do get them, free. I have never paid for any of the ones that arrive in the mail. .. and free is what they are worth to me.

Comments back like this, I wonder why I bother to even give my opinion. You did say GOOD magazine ... and I added that they hardly mention Carnival as a specific since these are the Carnival boards, I mistakenly thought you might be more interested in them.

This does seem aimed at me, since Im the one who mentioned Carnival not being featured much. :o

A generic thank you is much appreciated, not who is correct and whose reply isnt appreciated.

I agree. This question should be posted on "Ask a cruise question" if the person is not interested in Carnival. Why post on "Carnival Cruise Lines"????

My favorite is "Budget Travel" which isn't a cruise specific magazine, but it frequently contains articles about cruising. Every issue also contains travel tips which are also helpful for cruise travel. It's fairly inexpensive too, I just got a 3 year subscription for $25.

Archived