Bringing baked goods onboard

sanken

Several years ago my best friend and I did a mom's cruise on RCCL. We don't see each other often enough anymore as we live on opposite sides of the nation and she brought my absolute favorite homemade peanut butter fudge onboard with her without issue. We enjoyed all the food on the ship but it did not top us sitting in the cabin looking out at the sea catching up and eating homemade peanut butter fudge.

Wondering why for some an explanation of the OP's reasoning is requisite for a polite response.

Several years ago my best friend and I did a mom's cruise on RCCL. We don't see each other often enough anymore as we live on opposite sides of the nation and she brought my absolute favorite homemade peanut butter fudge onboard with her without issue. We enjoyed all the food on the ship but it did not top us sitting in the cabin looking out at the sea catching up and eating homemade peanut butter fudge.

Wondering why for some an explanation of the OP's reasoning is requisite for a polite response.

For me it was plain old curiosity. The carrying coals to Newcastle as one poster put it.I just thought how my DH would react if I suggested something like this,probably something like where do I sign the commitment papers.Wish I had some of that fudge,sounds great.

I have seen the on T V . Incredible baked creations. I say go for it. It's your vacation , enjoy.

They do make some pretty sweet (pun intended) cakes on that show! The other "cake show" guys made a replica of a Carnival ship once. If I bought stuff there, they probably wouldn't make it onto the ship!

OP, I think you can bring them but as SilentBob said, you can't take them off the ship with you at other ports due to agricultural regulations. I ordered the red velvet cupcakes thru RCI and people asked why I'd order "extra" food. If you want it, go for it.

Sadly folks, the insults on this thread are fairly rampant on both sides of the aisle. The OP asked a simple question, which could have been answered with a simple yes or no without any rhetoric. It is none of our business as to why this individual wishes to bring food on the cruise.

Sadly folks, the insults on this thread are fairly rampant on both sides of the aisle. The OP asked a simple question, which could have been answered with a simple yes or no without any rhetoric. It is none of our business as to why this individual wishes to bring food on the cruise.

Actually, it might be.

If the poster, for instance, were a first time cruiser, and did not understand the quantity of food available on board, experienced cruisers could have enlighted him/her.

If the poster simply wanted a birthday cake for a cabinmate, experienced cruisers could have stated that RC has a service to provide this.

Just two examples that come to mind.

This is a public message board. Anyone can join, read and contribute.

You can't control how people react or what they post.

And it it impossible to read someone's mind to find out their intentions. If a post is unclear, people can react in a whole variety of ways.

My sister brought cookies once.

When it was cookie time,

we got cookies from one tin,

she from the other.

Now being older, I know now why !

Yep Magic Cookies from the cheech and chong factory :D.

With the OP's up/down attitude,

I am wondering which factory she is going too !:eek:

Thank you!!!!

Being from the West Coast, if I were to travel any where near Carlos Bakery, I guarantee I would not only stop on my way to the ship but would also stop once I got off. I would love the opportunity to experience Carlos Bakery, ship or no ship! I agree RCCL has plently food BUT there is only one Carlos Bakery. Go for it and enjoy every single bite!

Being from the West Coast, if I were to travel any where near Carlos Bakery, I guarantee I would not only stop on my way to the ship but would also stop once I got off. I would love the opportunity to experience Carlos Bakery, ship or no ship! I agree RCCL has plently food BUT there is only one Carlos Bakery. Go for it and enjoy every single bite!

I think we've found the next idea for a theme cruise. First stop, Bayonne, with a trip to Carlo's Bakery. Then Baltimore for the bakery in Ace of Cakes. You can't tour it, but maybe they'd make an exception for us. Then down to St. Martin for croissants. RCI, are you listening???

I hate to admit that we have taken food on almost all our cruises. My husband can't go a day without his junk food. I take Pringles, peanuts and sometimes crackers to have for him when he orders cheese.

Also, on some threads people have been told to bring packaged snacks for kids to eat when off the ship as cruisers are not allowed to bring cruise ship food off the ship. Also, keep in mind, diabetics at times, need to have something to eat and not all excursions provide food or have places that they stop for food.

So OP to answer your question, yes you can bring food onboard.

On Mapquest it looks like Hoboken could be on our way home and it sounds like Carlos is worth a visit. Can anyone help with an address and possibly directions from the port?

If you google "carlos bakery hoboken" you'll get their website. 95 Washington Street. I would google map it. Enjoy!

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Anyone that posts here should know they will get all kinds of answers,good,bad, funny,insulting,praising, you name it,you got it.Pick the one you like and forget the rest.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but this isn't cocktail hour at the local social club, where we all need to follow the rules of civilized society.

No, the beauty of the anonymous message board is that you get totally unfiltered, honest opinions.

Included in this is the right to read a post, such as the OP's, and respond to the honest and compelling desire to ask.....

*****???????

for all of u who so rudely wonder why i would want to bring something on board, there is a famous bakery in hoboken that we live 2 hours from and whenever we get up that way we like to stop in and pick up some of the most delicious baked goods i have ever had (better than anything rci has), i don't think i will have any problem finding room in my grand suite to store them...thanks so much for being insulting.

OMG! I was thinking of doing they same exact thing!!! That is too funny. I know what bakery you are talking about. His name is Buddy! I want to stop there before hand b/c we get back to Bayonne on Plam Sunday and you know it's going to be jam packed with customers that day. What is your cruise date?! I leave 3/19/10. If you are before me, let me know if you have any issues with bringing on anything.

for anyone trying to go to Carlo's before/after their cruise, just be aware that the lines are wrapped around the block and it's usually an hour and a half wait to just get in the place and order from the counter to take out. :) Don't want anyone missing their cruise!!!

And yes... it's totally worth the wait. Although I could point you in the direction of other fabulous Italian bakeries that I think are slightly less chaotic than Carlos! :)

Glad I live 10 mins from there and can go when the crowds are slightly thinner!

oh...and definitely get the cannoli and sfogiatele!!

Archived