Bringing baked goods onboard

sanken

I brought some fresh cassava bread onboard Serenade last month when we made a stop in St. Lucia. I had a small bag containing a couple slices each about the size of a large rice cake. No one at security said anything about it, and I didn't see anything that said I couldn't bring it onboard. I know Serenade doesn't serve cassava bread since it's a local specialty on St. Lucia. And yes, my mom and I did eat it on the ship despite there being bread options available already onboard. :)

First of all I can't believe that such a simple question can cause such bantering and reactions.:rolleyes:

We visited Carlos Bakery on our way to catch the Explorer last month. It was a great visit and line ups were very short ... but it was a Thursday. I understand weekends are insane!! Finding a parking space was awful though ... drove around for 20 minutes and then ended up paying $10 to park for 1/2 hour. But it was worth it ... the cookies, cupcakes, canollis were yummy!! And we couldn't wait until we boarded to eat them ... we ate them on the way and while waiting for 6 hours to get on the ship.

I say "go for it" ... you never know when you will be there ... and the cakes/cookies/baked goods on the Explorer are nothing special.

First of all I can't believe that such a simple question can cause such bantering and reactions.:rolleyes:

We visited Carlos Bakery on our way to catch the Explorer last month. It was a great visit and line ups were very short ... but it was a Thursday. I understand weekends are insane!! Finding a parking space was awful though ... drove around for 20 minutes and then ended up paying $10 to park for 1/2 hour. But it was worth it ... the cookies, cupcakes, canollis were yummy!! And we couldn't wait until we boarded to eat them ... we ate them on the way and while waiting for 6 hours to get on the ship.

I say "go for it" ... you never know when you will be there ... and the cakes/cookies/baked goods on the Explorer are nothing special.

So is Carlos bakery famous then?

So is Carlos bakery famous then?

Not sure if you have it in the UK but there is a show here on TLC called Cake Boss that takes place at Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken. They make speciality cakes (shaped like robots, cars, etc) that are absolutely amazing.

I have friends who live in Hoboken and have been and said the prices there have gotten totally out of control and not really worth it since the show has become so famous. Haven't been myself just repeating what I've heard.

Not sure if you have it in the UK but there is a show here on TLC called Cake Boss that takes place at Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken. They make speciality cakes (shaped like robots, cars, etc) that are absolutely amazing.

I have friends who live in Hoboken and have been and said the prices there have gotten totally out of control and not really worth it since the show has become so famous. Haven't been myself just repeating what I've heard.

Oh ok, thanks, will look out for it.

We do have Ace of cakes on tv here, thats interesting to watch their designs.

I don't know about cannoli but DH waits in line for over 2 hours for tamales the day before Christmas Eve every year. Of, course he buys over 20 dozen. People actually buy 100 dozen at a time. They even buy extras to take back home after the holidays if they don't live here. So I kinda get it. Not taking them on a cruise though.

Monica

All bets are off at Christmastime: then you gotta do what you gotta do.

can you bring cupcakes, cookies,cakes, etc on board when you embark in bayonne

When we docked in San Francisco on the Serenade I bought some cookies at a favorite bakery and was not allowed to bring them on the ship. Security at the gate said I had to either eat them or toss them. Needless to say I stood there and ate them. Good luck but I think I would stop before the cruise and feast and then stop again after the cruise.

Archived