Ever Get Home To A Bill Considerably Higher Than Given On Ship?

tuggers

Many passengers do not use anything from the mini bar and want it emptied out to use for their own things. Some like to keep the ice bucket in there to slow down the melting of the ice.

It makes extra work for the stateroom attendant needing to stock the mini bar only to remove everything a few hours later upon passenger request.

It would be helpful if X would include an option where we could state in advance whether or not we want the mini bar stocked, like their options for beds together or apart or for dining preference.

I agree, we always have all contents in minibar removed as soon as traffic settles, we don't buy that stuff but want to use the frig. I tip the attendant when he clears it out.

Many passengers do not use anything from the mini bar and want it emptied out to use for their own things. Some like to keep the ice bucket in there to slow down the melting of the ice.

It makes extra work for the stateroom attendant needing to stock the mini bar only to remove everything a few hours later upon passenger request.

It would be helpful if X would include an option where we could state in advance whether or not we want the mini bar stocked, like their options for beds together or apart or for dining preference.

That is a great idea.Did you send it on to Celebrity?

Hi Tuggers good to see your name again. Probably me not so much on the boards. Now at the end of my Solstice Cruise I knew what my charges were but I didn't get a final bill so went to the Guest Relations to get one just in case. I actually spent very little on that cruise but I suppose had I not checked something could have been added. I have never had anything on my bill that I didn't spend but this was the first time ever I didn't get a bill.

Sue

Hey Sue! How are things across the pond?? We had one of your days here today. 55 and raining!:D

I am doing a b2b on Mercury starting 3/8. I am going to have them empty the fridge when I get on and then for each cruise confirm with the CS the last day that there was nothing used from the minibar. I think if they know I'm watching it closely it will solve the problem.

My charges were for two complete minibar set-ups (according to X) but they were for different amounts: $78 and $81. Maybe I got 3 more peanuts in the second set-up???:rolleyes:

Hi Tuggers

Good to hear from you. Here more snow last night but a thaw again today althought it is still white instead of green outside.

I am looking forward to 18th April when I will be on my way to Miami and my T/A on the Equinox.

Reading that the seems to be the dreaded noro around again but hopefully by the time you board it will be well and truly over!

Happy sailings and I know that you will make sure that they won't make the same mistake twice re the Mini bar.

Sue

It's happened to me several times. The entire mini-bar charged to my account AFTER I had received my bill under the door.

Always the minibar - and the entire contents.

I've called Celebrity immediately upon discovery. Shoresides gets the ships' accounting about 6 weeks after sailing. Once they've gotten the accounting, my credit card was refunded without delay.

Happened to us as well.

Final bill was correct, what showed up on our statement was not.

When I called, was told it was for mini-bar (which we don't use).

They made us wait until they received the final accounts from the ship before crediting back. They weren't very knowledgable about how long it would take to contact the ship, so I had to call back several times trying to get an answer.

Perhaps this is a small percentage of all who sail, but it's obviously a problem and makes me wonder if someone is doing something they shouldn't.

On our first cruise, we were double billed. Or maybe duplicate billed? Whatever, they billed us the correct amount, twice. That would be bad enough, but I had used our debit card. I called and talked to their billing dept. a couple of times and was told that it would be credited to our account. I thought it was all good, until I started to get bounced check fees. Several very loud phone calls later, we discovered that the bank had credited our savings account, which had nothing to do with this trip.

Puggies Grandma, I don't think that was the name of my CS but I was in cabin 1042. In fact, I know that wasn't his name. It was harder than that to pronounce!

I am going to make it well known this time that I want everything taken out of it and then double check on last day. I think if they know you are checking it very close they won't make any mistakes.

I know in many land-based hotels the mini-bar is on sensors - so even if you pick something up and put it back it registers that you "took" it. I'm wondering, since it has happened to so many of you, if maybe rough seas jostle everything around and it seems like you cleaned out the whole place to the sensors? Like there isn't enough to eat on board that anyone would NEED a candy bar?

This happened to me on a cruise that started in October and ended in November. I went over the final bill left on my door and it covered everything I had used or purchased.

In December when my AM EX bill came I had been charged right at $150 over and above what was on my bill. I started trying to find out what this was about in December (when I got the bill). Mid January I was getting nowhere so asked my travel agent to intervene.

She tried and tried and finally got them to promise to fax me the new bill, For a solid month they were reminded they had promised but nothing came. Thursday, after another call, the bill was finally sent by email.

I indeed did have two charges on the same day (the last day) for $75 and $70. But what for? Another call. Two complete mini bar resets. You've got to be kidding! I never so much as used a can of coke!

They start talking about investigations. Now it's been from the 1st week in November to the 3rd week in February. Who's going to know what was done?

I finally asked if they could check my prior cruise bills (and there are a LOT of them) to verify that I never use the mini bar. Put me on hold and then came back and said because I was a loyal customer they would refund the money on my say so.

I just wonder if this has happened before but for smaller amounts I would not even notice. I usually just glance at the charge and if it looks to be about what I remember I don't think about again. That will change now.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this with billing once you leave the ship?

Yes this just happened to me when I left the summit (luckly for me I go online and see the charges) I looked about three days after I left the ship and the amount didn't look correct so I got out the paper copy I brought back with me and sure enough there were additional charges. I called and the first amount was for a mini bar set up. Well they could see that I had purchased a bottle of liquor for my cabin so they agreed to remove the charge and the second was for the baggage fees from the airline. We had to pay that :(

It makes you wonder how many people this happens to and they don't even realize it. This sounds like it could be a perfect way for someone with access to the cabins after the occupants have left to enjoy themselves to free booze.
They take your things out of the frig and lock it the last night. No one has access without a key.

Tuggers, I was in cabin 1058. Thank you for answering have a great trip.

Does anyone know who checks the mini-bar because mine was checked and locked while DH and I went to dinner. :rolleyes: Is it the cabin steward?

I am concerned, in the past I have had overcharges on bill but it was quickly resolved while on board, but I have never before had charges added after final bill. Hopefully Celebrity is reading this and will start investigating.

Puggies Grandma

Was just notified by my credit card holder Celebrity is disputing my claim, was forced to involve my TA. Have canceled my upcoming Summit cruise, I can't believe this is happening. Celebrity what is going on? Was a bogus charge of $58.08 worth the loss of a valued guest? :rolleyes:

Puggie's Grandma

Had you talked to X before you disputed? I can see if it came in as a dispute with no notations on your account that they would deny it. But if you have talked to them, give your credit card company a written statement siting that person.

Yes, but unfortunately don't remember person's name and when I was given the rhetoric about seapass postings sometimes being applied later I guess I just sort of mentally shut it off and went directly to credit card. My TA is now involved and trying to sort it out, but whatever the outcome it has left me with a bad taste. Sad always like sailing Celebrity, since I am Elite I guess it shows. Well its back to RCCL for me.

Thank you for answering

Puggies Grandma

Just got off the phone with Celebrity it was indeed a charge for the mini-bar, never used it. Per customer relations it will immediately be corrected on my charge card. Strange how quickly it was resolved once TA became involved.

Thank you all especially Tuggers for your support and all is well that ends well, unfortunately I will have a bad taste about this for a long time. First time anything like this has happened to us on a Celebrity ship. Sad

Thank you all

Puggie's Grandma

Yes, but unfortunately don't remember person's name and when I was given the rhetoric about seapass postings sometimes being applied later I guess I just sort of mentally shut it off and went directly to credit card. My TA is now involved and trying to sort it out, but whatever the outcome it has left me with a bad taste. Sad always like sailing Celebrity, since I am Elite I guess it shows. Well its back to RCCL for me.

Thank you for answering

Puggies Grandma

You have said this is the first time you have experienced a problem.You would give up a great cruise line like Celebrity for one mistake? Ever heard of second chances?

After reading these posts I think I will use cash (Traveller's Cheques) on our upcoming Millenium Cruise.

Does anyone do this any more? I would assume you receive an invoice at the end of the cruise and then settle up on the last day......that way Celebrity does not have access to your credit card info so it is not possible for any surprises when you get home.

Also, does anyone know if you can cash TC during the cruise for extra port expenses?

klc

Archived