CCL Shareholders - Don't Delay

Frank12

Thanks for the replies. Unfortuneately I have no working fax machine and can't do it on this computer. I booked through an online travel agency so still looking for the correct contact person at CCL and an email address. Even a mailing address if there is not an email. I know have emailed proof of stock ownership for a Celebrity cruise and I have that email address.

When I tried to get Carnival to post two OBC for booked cruises they would only do one which was already in final payment. They told me to resubmit the second after final payment. That would mean that you would not need to own the stock when the cruise was booked.

I plan to continue cruising a lot so I don't plan on selling before any cruise.

As someone pointed out, it is a tax free dividend. I hope barney frank isn't a cc.

it isn't a dividend - not all shareholders receive it.

It seems like this is a good way to get some tax free earnings. Just consider the OBC a dividend...better than CCL paying actual dividends, that would then be taxed (assuming the program continues).

Thanks for the replies. Unfortuneately I have no working fax machine and can't do it on this computer. I booked through an online travel agency so still looking for the correct contact person at CCL and an email address. Even a mailing address if there is not an email. I know have emailed proof of stock ownership for a Celebrity cruise and I have that email address.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MzUxMTh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

That's not correct.

If you own 100 shares in a joint account, either of you can get $100 OBC on a 7-day booking. So if one of you can go but not the other, the one that goes can get the OBC. Next time if the other one goes, the other one can get the $100 OBC.

If you own 200 or more shares in the joint account, then if you book two rooms with the two of you in separate cabins, both cabins will get the $100 OBC. My wife and I did this a couple of times, on Carnival and Costa cruises.

Joint accounts holding shares of CCL stock (example 100 shares each) are not eligible to both receive the OBC in the same stateroom....

try sending your email to guest_solutions@carnival.com

Joint accounts holding shares of CCL stock (example 100 shares each) are not eligible to both receive the OBC in the same stateroom....

Nobody said you get more than $100 OBC per room (for a 7-day). You get $100 per room.

Only one of the person in the joint account needs to be in the booking, to receive the $100 OBC. So if it's jointly owned by A & B, and only A is booked in room 1 (with others), that room gets $100 OBC. Next time if only B can be in room 2 with others, then that room 2 gets $100 OBC.

Someone a few posts back said an annual dividend of $40 - wouldn't that be nice! It's actually $0.40, or 10 cents per share per quarter. It was paid on March 15, so expect it around the 15th of June, September and December.

I bought mine a few years ago when it was high (around $42 per share), hoping it keeps comming back. I have enjoyed the OBC, but that's not the primary reason I bought it.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Archived