Labadee Jet Ski Question

My daughter and grands want to do this and I'm pondering whether or not to join them. Do they go very fast? Is it generally bumpy?

It's a tour... if you are at the front of the tour, they want you to go fast and take the lead. If you are at the back of the tour, you're free to go as fast or as slow as you'd like.

It is bumpy. If you're sensitive to that, go slow and/or stand up when you're riding it.

If you go across other folk's wakes, it will really jar you....so yes, it's bumpy! You drive at your own pace, but the faster folks will have to wait for you.....

If you don't want a "follow the leader" sort of thing, do waverunners at a different port!

Our first ( and likely last) waverunner excursion was a blast. The most experienced riders were in the front, and if you were having problems keeping up, you were sent to the end of the group. You have to go full throtle, although one of the employees will tail the group, and work with those who aren't going as fast. Each time they stop and gather the group to tell about the area, the last one or tow wave runners miss out on that talk, because they didn't get there in time.

As we got off at the end of the ride, one of the men asked my husband how the ride was. His answer was a question" Do you have a good proctologist here?"

Having said all that, I would try another wave runner in more calm water, but not in the ocean.

You know those things at the hardware stores that shake paint cans? Imagine a giant version of that with you sitting on top of the can and you'll have an idea of what it's like to ride a WaveRunner on the ocean.

My wife and I had a great time on our recent Sea Doo excursion at Grand Cayman, but afterward we felt like we had been in a barroom brawl.

If I were you, I'd decline and get yourself a cocktail and one of those nice little mats to float around on while the kids beat themselves up on that excursion.

If you DO decide to go, I would recommend being the driver and not a passenger. That way, you at least have something solid to hang on to.

You know those things at the hardware stores that shake paint cans? Imagine a giant version of that with you sitting on top of the can and you'll have an idea of what it's like to ride a WaveRunner on the ocean.

My wife and I had a great time on our recent Sea Doo excursion at Grand Cayman, but afterward we felt like we had been in a barroom brawl.

If I were you, I'd decline and get yourself a cocktail and one of those nice little mats to float around on while the kids beat themselves up on that excursion.

If you DO decide to go, I would recommend being the driver and not a passenger. That way, you at least have something solid to hang on to.

I agree. Back back or prone to stiff necks? Don't do it. Even on the smoothest of conditions, it's still rough.

Our first ( and likely last) waverunner excursion was a blast. The most experienced riders were in the front, and if you were having problems keeping up, you were sent to the end of the group. You have to go full throtle, although one of the employees will tail the group, and work with those who aren't going as fast. Each time they stop and gather the group to tell about the area, the last one or tow wave runners miss out on that talk, because they didn't get there in time.

As we got off at the end of the ride, one of the men asked my husband how the ride was. His answer was a question" Do you have a good proctologist here?"

Having said all that, I would try another wave runner in more calm water, but not in the ocean.

The problem with this excursion is that some folks "think" they are experienced and will get themselves near the front of the line. However, the first segment or two they will fall off the pace and because everybody is supposed to keep separated by a wide distance , the back of the pack falls further back and does not get to enjoy the intended high speed of this excursion. By the time everybody gets into the proper speed order they are capable of, the excursion is over.

We did this in Jan '09. Also did it when we went on the Disney cruise. We know what to expect. My parents (both in there early-mid 60's) didn't know what to expect. Yes it is bumpy!! The worst part for me, my bathing suit spent more time in places I'd rather not mention! But will be doing it again in CocoaCay in Nov!!! My parents didn't care for it. My dad liked it, but it was raining and 1/2 way through it started POURING down rain......so it was pelting you in the face pretty good. My hubby didn't like this part too much either. Now my mom......didn't like it at all!!!!! She felt out of control, didn't like the bumpiness, didn't like the rain! She was the slow one of the group. She already mentioned she won't be doing it again!

Yes we did run FULL Throttle!!!! Hope this helps!!

I think it really depends on your grand daughters age and weight/size as well. It was very choppy when we were there, I'm pretty small and was getting thrown around violently. (I was riding solo) The guide even told me after the first section; "this is going to be rough on you". Thanks.

In the future I'd much rather just rent a wave runner on my own and be able to play around and have fun, not have to play follow the leader.

We had a blast doing this excursion, and would do it again! Of course it was bumpy - this is no walk in the park. My daughter was screaming in my ear, "Full throttle, mom!" and "I have a wedgie!":D, but we pretty much laughed all the way through it. You can relax and have a drink anywhere. This will give you memories. ;)

I don't recall being sore anywhere except my arms from gripping the handholds. I think my DH said something about needing a cup, so men might want to consider wearing one...:p

And to the OP, what are your grandchildren going to remember? Sitting around the beach, or going waverunning with grandma? I think you know the answer to that.;) It's one of those things that they will look back on, and say, "Remember when we went waverunning with grammie?":)

As long as you are physically able, of course. I wouldn't want you to get hurt.

I did this for the first time in November and it was awesome! I can't wait to do it again when we go back on the EOS in June.

I was the last jet ski and often missed the talking part of the tour, but I still had an amazing time. I found that if I went quicker, the ride got much smoother.

I highly recommend it!:D

My daughter and grands want to do this and I'm pondering whether or not to join them. Do they go very fast? Is it generally bumpy?

Agree with the other posts, you need to go fast. They told us that if we did not keep up we would be sent back, so I kept up, I started out near the end of the pack and by the end I had advanced to the middle of the pack (and that was my first time and I am afraid of speed and water) I absolutely loved it; would do it again in a heart beat. I don't remember it as that bumpy but I was driving. Went full throttle and felt like we at a 45 degree angle the whole time.

We did it while we were on the Explorer approximately one year ago. I was thrilled to see some of the ice skaters on our tour helping out.

Archived