Windspirit St. Martin - Airport to Marigot?

Seavoyage

Hello All - Please help, we are 1st timers with Windstar - have always traveled HAL out of Ft. Lauderdale - excited to experience Windstar!

Any advice greatly appreciated from the Windstar pros regarding flights to St. Martin and getting to Windspirit port in Marigot, recommended accomodations by port and any additional info to consider...

Thank you so much in advance!

I am not sure what exact question you have about flights. We are doing this cruise next December, and have already purchased our flights. I don't know if you have a preferred airline, but AA usually is less expensive than other airlines, for a lot of Caribbean destinations. That said, we are flying on UA.

We are arriving the day before, and are staying at Hotel L'Esplanade. It's not a large island, so I don't think you have to stay right at the port, if you don't want to. Probably will just take a cab to hotel and to the port, but since we are going to meet up with some friends who are also taking the cruise, they may rent a car, as they will be there a couple days before us.

I looked at a couple of your older posts to see if you had any specific questions and note in one thread, you mentioned you usually took 11 or 12 pairs of shoes. You will not need so many on this cruise!

When we took this cruise in January, the ship did not leave from Marigot but rather from a port around the corner from Marigot. The name escapes me at the moment but Windstar called us and told us of the change a few days before we left and provided a map. We took a taxi from the airport to the port and the driver had no problem finding it. If you want to shop in Marigot prior to the cruise departure, you'll have to take a taxi back.

6rugrats is correct. I took three pairs of shoes for this trip-a pair to wear in ports, flip flops and a pair of sandals for dinner. Take sneakers if you plan to use the gym.

Thank you both for the info....

Not concerned about flying in just getting around town...but sounds easy enough..in looking at google earth it appears that there may be a ferry from airport side to Marigot...was it a long ride from airport to Marigot?

The shoe thing is always an issue for me...since the cabin is so much smaller - I will have to conform - I am sure the Windstar experience will make up for the lack of shoes:p..looking forward to no formals!

Riverroad did the ship stay overnight in Virgin Gorda - where did it dock? Was it close to the Baths...Did you go to the Baths? Love The Baths...one of the reasons we want go Windstar...

Thank you!

Thank you both for the info....

Not concerned about flying in just getting around town...but sounds easy enough..in looking at google earth it appears that there may be a ferry from airport side to Marigot...was it a long ride from airport to Marigot?

I do not think there is a ferry from the airport to Marigot. It is about a 20 minute cab ride from the airport to Marigot.

Archived